Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

8,014 posts, read 3,536,500 times

Advertisements

They're thinking about crossing state lines because of a new gun law going in to effect soon in Maine in the aftermath of the Lewiston shooting. Although I like the idea of a "Portsmouth Trading Post" I would be very careful about making such a move. Sununu isn't running for Governor this year, Ayotte is not nearly as popular as him and neither Craig nor Warmington from the dem side are exactly moderates. Morse might be more popular than Ayotte(although polling says otherwise) but there's still a good chance the dems will win this November and that means a good chance of new gun laws as well as new taxes. I'd hate to see the Trading Post move to NH and then regret their decision a few months later.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...848f0ee3&ei=14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,767,763 times
Ayotte is and has been miles ahead of Morse in every poll. She also is ahead of the 2 Democrats in every poll.

i have no love for Ayotte. She was a lousy senator.

She allowed Senator McCain & Senator Graham to lead her around by the nose in D.C.

Her equivocation about Trump cost the NH GOP her senate seat.

I would still expect her to take the governor's seat in 24.

Old Today, 06:16 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,536,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Ayotte is and has been miles ahead of Morse in every poll. She also is ahead of the 2 Democrats in every poll.

i have no love for Ayotte. She was a lousy senator.

She allowed Senator McCain & Senator Graham to lead her around by the nose in D.C.

Her equivocation about Trump cost the NH GOP her senate seat.

I would still expect her to take the governor's seat in 24.
I've seen more Morse signs on the side of the roads than Ayotte signs which is why I thought he might be more popular. I would still wait until after November before committing to move to NH though.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

1,094 posts, read 1,067,742 times
Besides restricting a citizen's rights and costing them more time and money, the waiting periods are bad for business.

All I've seen are Morse signs. I'm not voting for him in the primary. He's got 20 years of apathy towards the 2A on his legislative record and an yea vote towards an anti 2A amendment a couple years ago-admittedly with several other republicans. If you were an R and voting differently than Bob Guida on a 2A topic, you were in the wrong.

Since I'm new to the state, I don't know Ayotte's record enough to know if I will vote for her either.

I may skip that block for the primary day.

Also. This was a nice touch.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: