Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times

Advertisements

It's been snowing ALL DAY LONG (we were only supposed to get 3 or 4 inches today....) Here's what my back yard looks like as of 3:30 this afternoon:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,198 times
Default Wow...just a little snow!

Valerie, Is that a picnic table under the snow? That's a wonderful photo. Stay warm & be safe. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:54 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,258 times
Great picture Valerie. How deep is that snow, it looks a little more than 3 inches....lol. It is just beautiful. I cant even imagine how peaceful it must be to look out your window and see something so gorgeous as everything covered in snow.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:43 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,880 times
Here's some from my travels this summer

Hampton Harbor

End of my street

Mt. Washington climb this July

Tuckerman Ravine

Mt. Lafayette Climb early winter

And me on Mt. Monadnock in October.

I have some even better ones but I'm on my work computer...If anyone wants more coastline pics or mountains let me know...

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 AM

223 posts, read 1,003,496 times
Hey fishnfool ... amazing pictures! So, will you take a request ... more mountains ... PLEEEEASE!

I've hiked Tuck's three times all in the winter to ski it, so this is the first time I've seen it w/o snow.

Thank you for sharing!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,880 times
This is my first winter out here, but Tucks is already on my mind. I was about as good as I could be "skiing" the midwest so we'll have to see how far I progress this winter.

How crazy/difficult is Tucks to ski?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:40 AM

223 posts, read 1,003,496 times
While standing at the top of the ravine I thought for sure I was going to die. For those who have only driven it ... it's an awesome 2 hour hike just to get to the bottom of where you begin to hike the ravine and then it's another 4 hours or so with your equipment strapped to your back. Woo-hoo! While at the top looking down, you can't really see where you are going to land ... you just jump into a turn and have faith that your skis are there for you to take you the rest of the way. That pitch really only lasts 2 hop-turns and then it's just a steep run where you can just let them rip. Always went the last weekend of May ... awesome stuff, unfortunately, it's gotten too busy and I don't ski it anymore during that time frame. I'd be willing to give it a go when there are fewer crazies! 8 years ago was the last time I skied it. Top to bottom leg burner. And then a pitstop on the way home to sporadically freeclimb an 80' waterfall. I heard the last few seasons you weren't able to ski down to the bottom during that weekend ... sad stuff right there.

Thanks again for your pictures ... brought back great memories and can't wait to move there!

Old 12-21-2007, 02:25 PM

240 posts, read 470,694 times
Danielle & Father John, fabulous pictures. Love them. Thanks!

Old 12-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
yes I used to show in breed, he got his points and title with the AKC, I'm getting another belgian next month though she will be a sheepdog not a terv and thanks valerie for the kind words now you know what we look like when we see you later this month
Nice family. Your children look so healthy and happy and you also have a good looking dog.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
Here's some from my travels this summer

Hampton Harbor

End of my street

Mt. Washington climb this July

Tuckerman Ravine

Mt. Lafayette Climb early winter

And me on Mt. Monadnock in October.

I have some even better ones but I'm on my work computer...If anyone wants more coastline pics or mountains let me know...
Great pictures. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire