Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2024, 11:19 PM

126 posts, read 146,448 times

Advertisements

From Axios, bullet points;
  1. The special averaged 8.31 million viewers in primetime, more than doubling last year's audience, according to a news release.
  2. The first block of primetime programming for the special outranked the same portion of "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" on ABC by 18%.
  3. The live event also drew a record crowd of 215,000 attendees, according to organizers.

That's the Nashville brand at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 01:01 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Here on the East Coast, my wife and I watched coverage of the ball drop in Times Square, NY, like we do every year. But after that happened, we were channel surfing and came upon the Nashville show. We had never before seen television coverage of this event out our way, but we stuck around and watched it until the musical note dropped, signifying 1:00 a.m. on our clock. I guess one can say that Nashville is getting more and more exposure, if their "local" New Year's Eve event is being televised nationally.

By the way, what's the specific location in Nashville where the event was held? We were trying to figure it out but couldn't.

Old 01-05-2024, 05:13 PM

126 posts, read 146,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Here on the East Coast, my wife and I watched coverage of the ball drop in Times Square, NY, like we do every year. But after that happened, we were channel surfing and came upon the Nashville show. We had never before seen television coverage of this event out our way, but we stuck around and watched it until the musical note dropped, signifying 1:00 a.m. on our clock. I guess one can say that Nashville is getting more and more exposure, if their "local" New Year's Eve event is being televised nationally.

By the way, what's the specific location in Nashville where the event was held? We were trying to figure it out but couldn't.
For extreme security reasons, this event has been held in the Bicentennial Park just north and below the State capitol Building in downtown for a few years now. It is a block wide by 3 block long park that can be fenced in with checkpoints at the gates. They felt that the event might attract attention from the wrong kind of people and moved it to this location. It used to be downtown on Lower Broad where the bars are.
It is large enough to hold 200,000+ spectators apparently.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:26 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

The e vent was shifted to Bicentennial Mall Park. The site is a free state park. On the south end is a map of Tennessee. After the NFL draft was held here organizers needed a better space for the 200,000+.

Yes, Nashville is getting more & more exposure as party city.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:41 PM

194 posts, read 189,750 times
I think there is nothing better for Nashville than to hold the event at Bicentennial Park. Enough with Broadway.

Old 01-08-2024, 10:51 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,473,953 times
I think it's great exposure for Nashville indeed, but i'm beginning to see after living in City for 3 years now, these type of events do now show the Diversity of Music City and how we really live here. It needs to change. Of course its the home of Country Music which is great but that's not what the true Nashville is all about, its a mixture of Genre in music and how people here really live in real life. It's mainly a tourist theme of only Country music that is always shown and on display. I think that's why everyone that comes to Nashville for the first time thinks that's the only thing this city is all about and it couldn't be further from the truth. It's honestly not real life living in the City. Nashville is just like every other Big diverse city in the US outside the tourist trap and that deserves to be Celebrated with the Country Music!

Old 01-08-2024, 07:41 PM

3,036 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I think it's great exposure for Nashville indeed, but i'm beginning to see after living in City for 3 years now, these type of events do now show the Diversity of Music City and how we really live here. It needs to change. Of course its the home of Country Music which is great but that's not what the true Nashville is all about, its a mixture of Genre in music and how people here really live in real life. It's mainly a tourist theme of only Country music that is always shown and on display. I think that's why everyone that comes to Nashville for the first time thinks that's the only thing this city is all about and it couldn't be further from the truth. It's honestly not real life living in the City. Nashville is just like every other Big diverse city in the US outside the tourist trap and that deserves to be Celebrated with the Country Music!
AFAIK the event is sponsored & organized by the Country Music Association CMA. With all of the labels here you get representatives from each one. So country music dominates the show. For the artists if they don't have billing at Nissan Stadium or Bridgestone Arena may be the only time they have a gig in Nashville. Not everyone gets to play at Grand Ole Opry. Only some acts play at the Ryman.

Not sure if CMT has any role in the event to bring in crossover artists.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:58 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,473,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
AFAIK the event is sponsored & organized by the Country Music Association CMA. With all of the labels here you get representatives from each one. So country music dominates the show. For the artists if they don't have billing at Nissan Stadium or Bridgestone Arena may be the only time they have a gig in Nashville. Not everyone gets to play at Grand Ole Opry. Only some acts play at the Ryman.

That makes more sense now,,,

Old 01-09-2024, 05:19 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
My ancient self would like to thank Lynard Skynard for such a great performance. Were it not for them, I probably would’ve been asleep by 10:00 PM.

FWIW, I used to love watching Dick Clark’s New Years Eve, but thru the years it has changed and is not to my liking.

Old 01-09-2024, 07:45 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post

I believe that the event is produced by Music City Inc., the foundation of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp, for the city of Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville