Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:31 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
As a native Nashvillian I feel weird that I have no interest in living in these newer urban developments. I feel like I should want to, but I don't for some reason and I wish I knew why. I lived in LA and liked it a lot. My two best friends live in an urban setting in Seattle and I think it's awesome. I have a friend living in urban Denver and it's appealing to me, etc. But for some reason I'm just not into that urban scene in Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I love all the new developments for the city and the area and it's awesome, I just feel like maybe I'm set in my ways since I grew up here. I've said it before kind of tongue-in-cheek that part of me wishes I didn't grow up here so I could experience the city from a newcomer's perspective because I know there's a lot to appreciate.
I would guess that you (like most everyone who grew up in Nashville) grew up in a suburban area. So I believe your aspirations peak at a particular suburban neighborhood. Many people go to dense urban areas as young adults, but (in the backs of their minds) have every intention of returning to a similar situation to the environment in which they grew up. Very understandable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 11:15 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Default GM, Nissan supplier expanding in Antioch

A supplier to the automakers General Motors and Nissan is creating 41 jobs by opening a production facility in Antioch.

TWB Company LLC announced the $18 million investment on Wednesday. The company also has operations in Smyrna, near Nissan's manufacturing plants.

TWB's production in Antioch is scheduled to start in October. Workers at the facility will produce something called tailor-welded blanks, a lighter-weight product that helps a vehicle get more miles to the gallon. Workers will use lasers to weld together sheets of steel that vary in thickness, strength and coating — which are then stamped into panels that make up the body of a car.

GM, Nissan supplier bringing more jobs to Antioch - Nashville Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-03-2015, 11:36 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,294 times
More good news for Antioch.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Maplehurst Bakeries out of Indianapolis is going to spend $108 million on a new facility just south of Lebanon that will employ 147 and make frozen doughnuts and other pastries for grocery stores and commercial bakeries.

Donuts trigger $103M expansion in Lebanon - Nashville Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-09-2015, 07:45 AM

More good news for Antioch. TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center will anchor a new 41,000 square foot medical office building being built in Antioch.

TriStar to anchor new medical office building in Antioch - Nashville Business Journal

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 06-09-2015 at 07:53 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 07:48 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times
So what is going in over in metro center next to the Nissan dealership?

Old 06-09-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I'm not sure. That might be where United Methodist Publishing is going. They've sold their SoBro property near the Music City Center to a developer who's planning a 35 story JW Marriott Hotel and an adjacent 25 story office tower, and I believe UMP is moving its operations to a new facility in Metrocenter.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-09-2015, 08:12 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I'm not sure. That might be where United Methodist Publishing is going. They've sold their SoBro property near the Music City Center to a developer who's planning a 35 story JW Marriott Hotel and an adjacent 25 story office tower, and I believe UMP is moving its operations to a new facility in Metrocenter.
No, UMP is moving to the blue roofed buildings next to Watson by the little lake. My friend works for UMP and she has been involved with that new location.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
No, UMP is moving to the blue roofed buildings next to Watson by the little lake. My friend works for UMP and she has been involved with that new location.
Ah, in that case I have no idea what's going on at Metrocenter. I bet our friend nashvols could tell us. I do think there's an apartment complex going in around there somewhere.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-09-2015, 08:18 AM

813 posts, read 2,030,986 times
Quote:
It's an apartment project from a developer out of Atlanta.

320 new apartment units headed for MetroCenter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville