Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:52 PM

562 posts, read 666,115 times

Advertisements

TRIED to go to Staples today around 3:30....and they were already closed!

By the looks of things, they still had plenty of merchandise and were ripping out signage and displays.

Makes me wonder if they were forced out and Staples obliged since they were looking to close stores anyway?

It's a shame since Staples was my preferred office supply store and now the closest one is across the bay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 09:14 AM

We may be seeing some signs of life at Springdale again, apparently they are courting a Rouses location and have submitted plans to the city for some redeveloped big box spaces.

Lifestyle center sells; Rouses may come to Orange Beach | AL.com

Burton Property Group is also trying to land a Rouses in Orange Beach, and imho, should be landing a Rouses, or a replacement for Gander Mountain at Westwood!

And while we're on the subject of Springdale, any idea why Ulta is "temporarily closed"?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:19 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Has anyone seen the site plan?

Old 07-09-2017, 07:00 PM

265 posts, read 428,796 times
I would rather see a Sephora than Ulta! I hope they bring stuff like Nordstrom Rack, Dave & Busters, World Market, Trader Joe's, and Barnes & Noble than a Rouses market or the usual stuff we already have.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:24 AM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
Sephora would be better off at Bel Air.

Barnes & Noble left Springdale over leasing issues more than seven years ago, so they probably won't be coming back to any South Alabama shopping center.

I wish Burton was able to lure Target out of Bel Air and into the former Belk space at Springdale. Rouse's Market would be suitable for the old Best Buy pad.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Macaroni Grill closed Wednesday night.

Macaroni Grill In Mobile Now Closed | WKRG

They blamed low volume and the owners jacking up the rent.

If that's the case, they better have a good lineup of stores and restaurants ready to move in!

Old 07-14-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
Macaroni Grill closed Wednesday night.

Macaroni Grill In Mobile Now Closed | WKRG

They blamed low volume and the owners jacking up the rent.

If that's the case, they better have a good lineup of stores and restaurants ready to move in!
I was dreading that this would happen given how dead that restaurant was, and this foolish landlord raising the rent on them what was he thinking? Mobile can't have nice things, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts a Waffle House or something county bumpkin cheap like that in its place, easy money in other words.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:36 PM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
Apparently, the entire Romano's chain has been struggling for years, so the Mobile location being shuttered comes as no surprise. The ongoing vacancy issues in the surrounding Springdale Plaza certainly didn't help matters. At this point, Bel Air an Springdale are competing with each other for new retailers and restaurants.

Why Ignite sold Macaroni Grill for so little

Old 07-15-2017, 03:10 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,860,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowboy View Post
I was dreading that this would happen given how dead that restaurant was, and this foolish landlord raising the rent on them what was he thinking? Mobile can't have nice things, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts a Waffle House or something county bumpkin cheap like that in its place, easy money in other words.

"Nice things" aren't Macaroni Grills, they are the nice locally-owned upscale restaurants that are doing well elsewhere in the city.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post

"Nice things" aren't Macaroni Grills, they are the nice locally-owned upscale restaurants that are doing well elsewhere in the city.
Just because something is locally owned doesn't make it nice and just because something is a chain doesn't make it bad. And yes Macaroni Grill is a very nice chain that I have enjoyed very much. I would rather they close Olive Garden than Macaroni Grill. If we're going to remove chain restaurants let's remove the nasty ones like IHOP, Waffle House, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc. not the better upscale ones like Romanos. I bet you they'll just put another cheap casual low end chain in its spot or a wing place or a chicken finger place (as if we don't have plenty), to cater to our demographics, if anything at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area