Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2024, 09:51 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,406,188 times

Advertisements

Hi to all folks
Well after 4 decades playing judo and traditional Japanise jiu jitsu ( I collected some fractures all around my old body) I am thinking to create a self defense method aimed to perform any old body skills, considering the new reality on older bones tendons psychological reflexes.
Any of you in the same situation? Any tips?
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 07:22 PM

10,383 posts, read 6,949,226 times
Interesting angle. You may be on to something. Altho, your judo/jiu jitsu training can still be effective, even at 60-70 years of age.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM

2,683 posts, read 2,187,750 times
I practiced martial arts for five decades -- including TKD, karate, and BJJ. I'm still in pretty good shape and could be talked into friendly rolling with some guys about my age, but I would not bet that at 70 years of age my MA would be effective in a real self defense scenario against someone(s) half my age, or less. So, my tip is to enjoy practicing safely as long as you can for fun, but if you have a real need for self defense, please consider a firearm.

Old Today, 08:01 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,406,188 times
On june 2022 I had my last ..friendly fight.. vs ppl aged 25 / 30 I broke my left shoulder so I got surgery, almost two ys later I am doing well now I use to swim but my love for the martial arts is still going on.
Yes the fire arm is a good option I own 2 beretta and 1 revolver S&W, the question is could I really shoot down a fu..ing gangsta here the law system sometimes seems to sympathize for the bad guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)