Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2024, 11:45 AM

21 posts, read 34,237 times

Advertisements

Have family in this area and think of moving there, what is the water quality like in this area? I know pesticides can be bad in the midwest, ideally I would like a spring or pond. How bad are any PFAs or other bad things in the water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 10:30 AM

21 posts, read 34,237 times
if you are using spring water do you need to worry?

Old 05-23-2024, 02:49 PM

19,773 posts, read 10,219,206 times
I live about 60 miles north of Joplin, water is fine here. At one time, we lived east of Independence and Lake City ammunition plant had polluted all the well water in that area with lead.

Old 05-29-2024, 11:36 AM

9,162 posts, read 4,827,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank3 View Post
Have family in this area and think of moving there, what is the water quality like in this area? I know pesticides can be bad in the midwest, ideally I would like a spring or pond. How bad are any PFAs or other bad things in the water?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank3 View Post
if you are using spring water do you need to worry?
No idea about "PFA's" but generally, spring water quality varies from spring to spring.

Most of it is good for the first drink. For a purist, interested in lifelong consumption, you will need a filter, no matter where you are in the world. (Or just don't worry about it. That is what I do.)

Where ever you consider, look at any land in the region that is higher than you. Also look at mining activity. There were a lot of mines in this area.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

216 posts, read 285,340 times
We test annually for our HOAs wells and they are clear every year. We do use filter pitchers because the smell might get to you, but that's the Ozarks.

Old Today, 04:55 PM

9,162 posts, read 4,827,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ION1010 View Post
We test annually for our HOAs wells and they are clear every year. We do use filter pitchers because the smell might get to you, but that's the Ozarks.
I know of several wells that have high mineral content.
(One owner has a filter, the other doesn't.
Might be healthy, but hard on plumbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri