Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 PM

36 posts, read 51,805 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to the country outside Noel. Does anyone on this forum live there, knows people that do, or have lived there after the african/mexican invasion?

If so please elaborate on how it has affected the town (Crime, standard of living, etc)
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 PM

620 posts, read 1,232,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman2012 View Post
I am considering moving to the country outside Noel. Does anyone on this forum live there, knows people that do, or have lived there after the african/mexican invasion?

If so please elaborate on how it has affected the town (Crime, standard of living, etc)
thanks
You probably shouldn't move to the area if you are racist. There are lots of Mexicans in the area, and Tyson isn't going away any time soon, so there will be more to come. Mexicans are generally really nice hard working people!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:51 PM

260 posts, read 586,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored198824 View Post
You probably shouldn't move to the area if you are racist. There are lots of Mexicans in the area, and Tyson isn't going away any time soon, so there will be more to come. Mexicans are generally really nice hard working people!
Is the culture going to get ruined though? Noel is a Southern City.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSouthernMan View Post
Is the culture going to get ruined though? Noel is a Southern City.
Noel is over 1/2 Mexican...that is just a fact. I don't think it ruins the southern culture. Most of the immigrants learn how to speak and act from the locals in the area...especially if its in rural areas like this. Places usually lose more southern culture through rapid growth periods when lots of people move in over a short period of time. McDonald county is starting to lose population, so I don't think there will be any shift in culture, the Immigrants will assimilate into the population.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Noel is over 1/2 Mexican...that is just a fact. I don't think it ruins the southern culture. Most of the immigrants learn how to speak and act from the locals in the area...especially if its in rural areas like this. Places usually lose more southern culture through rapid growth periods when lots of people move in over a short period of time. McDonald county is starting to lose population, so I don't think there will be any shift in culture, the Immigrants will assimilate into the population.
You do know McDonald County in the early 60s wanted to secede from Missouri and become part of Arkansas, don't you?

Old 06-22-2013, 02:29 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
There has been significant influx in migrant workers from Gentry, Arkansas to Carthage, Missouri due to chicken farms, slaughter and packaging, and by-products located nearby. This I think impacts Noel and Southwest City as well. SWC is different than Gentry or Noel so it may not be as impacted. On the other hand, Gravette in the far NW corner of Arkansas is mostly unaffected as there is no manufacturing and it is a farming community.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:38 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
Might be nice, other than how many are ILLEGAL?????

Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Might be nice, other than how many are ILLEGAL?????
And doing work that Americans are too lazy to do???

Old 06-22-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSouthernMan View Post
You do know McDonald County in the early 60s wanted to secede from Missouri and become part of Arkansas, don't you?
I had never heard that they wanted to become a part of Arkansas, I did know at one point they tried to Secede from Missouri in the 1960s. They tried to form their own country territory, from what I understand. People there weren't happy because they were left off a Missouri map that had popular tourist destinations. They even had their own stamps and everything!

Old 06-22-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I had never heard that they wanted to become a part of Arkansas, I did know at one point they tried to Secede from Missouri in the 1960s. They tried to form their own country territory, from what I understand. People there weren't happy because they were left off a Missouri map that had popular tourist destinations. They even had their own stamps and everything!
Yep. The state or AR was heavily lobbying them to join their state though.

However it wouldn't be legit because a county can't break away from a state. That requires an act of congress in order to change state boundaries.

Needles California wants to break away from California due to the county seat being so far away, high taxes and being neglected by the state and wants to join Nevada. Congress still hasn't done anything yet though regarding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri