Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 10:49 AM

18,571 posts, read 8,375,593 times

Advertisements

over half means most.....now who didn't see this one coming
...most of these condos would not even come close to the definition of affordable housing anyway

you can't blame people one bit....
you have a piece of property....do you develop low income....or make a hell of a lot more money

"Real-estate firm ISG World reported that 31 pre-construction condo buildings in the Miami region are primed to be turned into Airbnbs"

"A total of 10,335 condo units are in the pre-construction phase across Miami-Dade County and nearby Broward County - and more than 50 percent of the total condos are set to be short-term rentals, the firm's first quarter report found."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-rentals.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 11:35 AM

17,439 posts, read 15,575,271 times
LOL! A few months ago, I was planning a stay in Miami, and my son has a strong preference for condos over hotels, so I went on Airbnb looking for something in the downtown/Brickell area. Brickell alone has THOUSANDS of listings. It's absolutely nuts. Were Airbnb and short term rentals not a thing, all of those towers would be hotels.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:40 PM

I'll bet...if the truth was known.....it's a whole lot more than half.....I would guess more like most
not everyone does full time Airbnb

Old 05-13-2024, 01:24 PM

25,991 posts, read 12,998,768 times
Don't those buildings have HOA rules against short-term rentals?

I'd never buy a condo in a building that doesn't require at least a 6 month lease?

Short term rentals = trouble...they don't care for the property like a long term renter or owner, & they normally have higher incidences of crime. They are normally an HOA's worst nightmare trying to enforce HOA rules on short-term renters for pets, noise, party's, parking, # of guests, ect..

Who rents them? Snow birds? Work from anywhere younger snow birds? Are they mostly empty in the Summertime?

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-13-2024 at 01:33 PM..

Old 05-13-2024, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

I'd never buy a condo in a building that doesn't require at least a 6 month lease?

Short term rentals = trouble...they don't care for the property like a long term renter or owner, & they normally have higher incidences of crime. They are normally an HOA's worst nightmare trying to enforce HOA rules on short-term renters for pets, noise, party's, parking, # of guests, ect..
No, they don't. They are built specifically with short term in mind. Many being built specifically FOR that.

https://www.wired.com/story/luxury-a...iamis-skyline/

It's been going on for a long time.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:45 PM

3,213 posts, read 2,690,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
over half means most.....now who didn't see this one coming
...most of these condos would not even come close to the definition of affordable housing anyway

you can't blame people one bit....
you have a piece of property....do you develop low income....or make a hell of a lot more money

"Real-estate firm ISG World reported that 31 pre-construction condo buildings in the Miami region are primed to be turned into Airbnbs"

"A total of 10,335 condo units are in the pre-construction phase across Miami-Dade County and nearby Broward County - and more than 50 percent of the total condos are set to be short-term rentals, the firm's first quarter report found."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-rentals.html

File this one under "no **** Sherlock"... like I said, most housing down here is built for investors and short term rentals, not permanent housing.

Right once again....

Old 05-13-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
nope, they are setting them up with very loose rental restrictions......

the problem as I see it is going to be crime in these buildings

Miami already has a crime problem in these big apartment buildings....this is going to make it a whole lot worse

Old 05-13-2024, 03:18 PM

9,411 posts, read 14,361,389 times
I wonder if the owners will be charging and reporting hotel tax like they are supposed to by Florida law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
nope, they are setting them up with very loose rental restrictions......

the problem as I see it is going to be crime in these buildings

Miami already has a crime problem in these big apartment buildings....this is going to make it a whole lot worse
My real estate agent recently told me about crime in these big apartment buildings. So this is the second time in a week that I’m hearing about it.

Old 05-13-2024, 03:26 PM

7,444 posts, read 6,607,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I wonder if the owners will be charging and reporting hotel tax like they are supposed to by Florida law.

My real estate agent recently told me about crime in these big apartment buildings. So this is the second time in a week that I’m hearing about it.
There was a shooting at Panorama (luxury apartment building) this past weekend.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...3308436/?amp=1

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-da...ong-residents/

Last edited by elchevere; 05-13-2024 at 03:37 PM..

Old 05-13-2024, 03:30 PM

Is it relatively safe to stay at these condos via Airbnb, or should I just stick to name-brand hotels when in Brickell?
Airbnb rentals have the convenience of having multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, and a kitchen, which is why we often get those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: