Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 07:23 PM

12,039 posts, read 8,411,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
So you can’t smoke tobacco publicly but you can smoke marijuana publicly?
I'd be real careful with that, myself. Never want to call law enforcement's attention to you for any reason.

You can find yourself in a jam you might find troublesome or expensive despite legalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2023, 10:50 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,881,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I'd be real careful with that, myself. Never want to call law enforcement's attention to you for any reason.

You can find yourself in a jam you might find troublesome or expensive despite legalities.
You rarely smell it on the streets in Mexico so I think many have heeded this advice. You always smell it in downtowns of major American cities now. Just try walking two blocks in NYC without getting your lungs full of it.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:46 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,530,019 times
I remember in 2003 having my first movie experience in Mexico at a Cinepolis in Tijuana. People were lighting up in the theatre, which was not at all common in the US. My how times have changed.

Old 10-30-2023, 10:02 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I thought I read that marijuana is partially legalized in Mexico now, you're allowed a certain measurement in your possession, but no dispensaries like they have here in the U.S. Not sure if tourists can find it when visiting Mexico.

I'd quit smoking after 55 years but I'm fearful of my taste buds coming back. My Dad quit after smoking for 50 years, gained 50 lbs. and next stop was bypass surgery. My sister quit, says she'd rather be fat than smoking. And yes, I know, some people who quit never gain weight. Not ready to take the risk.
Don't you have COPD ?

Old 11-06-2023, 05:56 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,417,858 times
I like the smoking hot mexican women myself

Old Today, 09:25 AM

12,039 posts, read 8,411,860 times
I see in my vacationing spot the cigarettes are back on the shelves in some stores. And people are smoking discretely. But something that might be different is that I see less butts thrown on the ground. Let's hope that perception is correct.

I could understand merchants in a place that draws national visitors being reluctant to terminate that convenience.

In the twenty years I've been coming here I've only seen open use of any drug once and that was marijuana poolside in a hostel. I've seen lots more open use in the States. This is a quiet, clean, family-friendly town with an underbelly of dangerous opportunists.

There are dealers who stand outside the supermarket and every day at the dock. I have no doubt that the police are aware. They are not your imaginary sleazy dope dealers. The young man at the market is polite, clean-cut and intelligent. The dock folks appear to be a family unit. They've been there for years.

I doubt they could safely compete with the cartel without some kind of connection.

But, heck, out favorite Mexican restaurant in Minnesota had cartel affiliations. They got busted and the manager got disappeared overnight.

I also hear credible rumors that the cartel has infiltrated our Native American Reservations. Big money with fear piled on top speaks loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico