Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2023, 11:11 AM

248 posts, read 442,544 times

Advertisements

Whats the safest and best way to travel from Cancun airport to Tulum (and back)>?
I think my hotel offers a shuttle but I also see several companies that are offering one way trip 70 $.
Any suggestions welcome

Within Tulum, do hotels offer day trip packages ? Or is it preferable to arrange on one's own ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 10:03 PM

5,759 posts, read 11,358,171 times
At Cancun airport, look (or ask) for the location of the ADO bus ticket counter. ADO is a first-class bus line, very clean and comfortable. ADO has buses that run direct from the airport to Playa del Carmen and then Tulum. Other times you take a bus to downtown Cancun first, then transfer to the bus to Tulum. The ticket price is less than $20. Lots of tourists use the ADO bus, it is safe.

The bus terminal in Tulum is in the city, not near the coastal resort hotels. If you are going to a beach front hotel, take a cab from the bus terminal. If you want to do a trip to Chichen Itza, you can take an ADO bus from Tulum bus terminal there and back, which is what I did. No need to go on a tour. You can also visit the Tulum ruins on your own without a tour - they are on the north side of the city along the coast.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:20 PM

6,384 posts, read 11,877,389 times
Got a call from a friend who went to Cancun and said she and her friend were scared out of their mind by a taxi driver. They asked him how much to take them during the day about 2 miles back to their hotel and he wanted 325 pesos. She said she told him no thanks they would walk for that exorbitant amount. The cab then followed them along as they walked first saying ladies stop being cheap and they told him to F off. He continued to follow them telling them they were disrespectful. All in English. Finally he lost it and called them some really horrible names and said they'd get what they deserved in Spanish which my friend can understand. They hurried along to another hotel and walked up to the lobby and there two guys in front were harassing them asking if they wanted a taxi. They literally are freaked out by those guys saying taxi now I could hear the fear in her voice as she called asking could something have happened to them in daylight there.

Cancun is just an utter disaster right now with the documented rip offs with taxis and rental cars. Not to mention the people getting beat up for daring to take an Uber. I know most people have a good time there and make it through by just paying through the nose for everything there but why do people reward a place like that? Until people start choosing other places it will only get worse.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:07 PM

277 posts, read 291,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Got a call from a friend who went to Cancun and said she and her friend were scared out of their mind by a taxi driver. They asked him how much to take them during the day about 2 miles back to their hotel and he wanted 325 pesos. She said she told him no thanks they would walk for that exorbitant amount. The cab then followed them along as they walked first saying ladies stop being cheap and they told him to F off. He continued to follow them telling them they were disrespectful. All in English. Finally he lost it and called them some really horrible names and said they'd get what they deserved in Spanish which my friend can understand. They hurried along to another hotel and walked up to the lobby and there two guys in front were harassing them asking if they wanted a taxi. They literally are freaked out by those guys saying taxi now I could hear the fear in her voice as she called asking could something have happened to them in daylight there.

Cancun is just an utter disaster right now with the documented rip offs with taxis and rental cars. Not to mention the people getting beat up for daring to take an Uber. I know most people have a good time there and make it through by just paying through the nose for everything there but why do people reward a place like that? Until people start choosing other places it will only get worse.
The exorbitant amount is about $17.75 U.S.

Old 03-07-2023, 09:04 AM

248 posts, read 442,544 times
I ended up taking Amstar shuttle from airport to hotel and back and was a hassle free experience . However taxis within Tulum were overpriced. It was suggested that I take the "collectivo " which was far more reasonable but not necessarily door to door . For 8 miles, I paid 450 pesos for taxi but only 25 pesos for Collectivo .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico