Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 02:36 PM

17,464 posts, read 14,706,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
Well, you saw the text messages right? Hannity etc. They deliberately lied on camera vs what they said in text messages.

Add to that the court verdict and fine.
You wanted links, I gave you links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 02:52 PM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
I must say I don’t understand the conservative mindset that enjoys being in an echo chamber. I’m a liberal, but I never watch CNN or MSNBC. Why would I? I already know what I think about the issues; I don’t need someone to parrot it back to me.

I occasionally watch Fox, because I like to hear what “the other side” thinks, and to challenge my opinions. But for some reason, conservatives don’t want to be challenged. They just want someone to confirm their biases, 24/7.

Old 05-01-2024, 07:32 PM

21,657 posts, read 31,280,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I occasionally watch Fox, because I like to hear what “the other side” thinks, and to challenge my opinions. But for some reason, conservatives don’t want to be challenged. They just want someone to confirm their biases, 24/7.
Anyone who thinks this is solely limited to Fox or Republicans is biased themselves.

Old 05-01-2024, 08:31 PM

30,676 posts, read 18,301,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
come at it the other way....and this is really pathetic

round it up to 2 million Fox viewers....

...out population of adults is ~250 million

248 million people are not watching
Considering that that 2 million people aren't just keeping to themselves but are also influencing others, surely you understand that their impact is much greater than their raw numbers show

Old 05-01-2024, 09:33 PM

19,882 posts, read 18,165,037 times
Quote:
I must say I don’t understand the conservative mindset that enjoys being in an echo chamber. I’m a liberal, but I never watch CNN or MSNBC. Why would I? I already know what I think about the issues; I don’t need someone to parrot it back to me.

Negative. I'm right of center and watch/read CNN & BBC each more than Fox.

Old 05-02-2024, 12:37 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Negative. I'm right of center and watch/read CNN & BBC each more than Fox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Anyone who thinks this is solely limited to Fox or Republicans is biased themselves.
Point taken. Not all Republicans are in the echo chamber, and some liberals are.

Old 05-02-2024, 05:16 AM

771 posts, read 348,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You wanted links, I gave you links.

I didn't ask you for anything and certainly wouldn't ask you for irrelevant links.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:42 AM

24,546 posts, read 17,297,674 times
Whenever I have been forced to watch CNN or MSNBC all they talk about is Doom and Gloom. One would think that they would be happy that Biden is in charge but nope. They can't get past their TDS. He lives in their heads and is making them explode.

My wife and I watch "The Five" on Fox just about every night while we eat dinner and they take on the hot topics of the day and as serious and dire they are the cast still finds humor and makes the show entertaining. We are informed and entertained.

CNN is negative. Fox is Positive. No wonder why so many on the Left are miserable if all they watch is Left wing news.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:14 AM

771 posts, read 348,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Whenever I have been forced to watch CNN or MSNBC all they talk about is Doom and Gloom. One would think that they would be happy that Biden is in charge but nope. They can't get past their TDS. He lives in their heads and is making them explode.

My wife and I watch "The Five" on Fox just about every night while we eat dinner and they take on the hot topics of the day and as serious and dire they are the cast still finds humor and makes the show entertaining. We are informed and entertained.

CNN is negative. Fox is Positive. No wonder why so many on the Left are miserable if all they watch is Left wing news.
LOL, Fox is "positive." That's hilarious. They are the worst of the corporate conservative media... worse than the Conservative News Network and the Universal Comcast channel.

Old 05-02-2024, 09:01 AM

14,551 posts, read 12,192,089 times
Quote:

Fox at least attempts to provide balanced discussion with Liberal contributors brought in to nearly every panel discussion.

But don't let me challenge your bias
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media