Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 08:02 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,262,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
From the portion you quoted, do you actually believe the rubbish of women making less for the same job as men?
You tell me.
Quote:
There is only one job role where men and women earn the same pay
Despite the previous examples of gender pay disparity in the workforce, there is one job role where men and women earn equal pay: teaching assistants. Both genders earn an average of $34,424 per year in this role.[7] Educational guidance counselors come in close second, with men earning a mere $104 more on average.[7]
and
Quote:
What is the wage gap currently?
  • Women earn an average of 16% less than men.[1]
  • For every dollar earned by men, women earned 84 cents.[1]
  • The controlled gender pay gap, which considers factors such as job title, experience, education, industry, job level and hours worked, is currently at 99 cents for every dollar men earn.[4]
https://www.forbes.com/advisor/busin...ap-statistics/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 08:21 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,106,105 times
Ohio girl, yours is the only sane voice in this coffee can echo chamber of willful misinterpretation.
O.P., I assure you, you don’t know the meaning of misandry!

Old 04-29-2024, 09:24 AM

10,576 posts, read 7,785,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

...Article premise: It's all white men's fault...that some Baby Boomer age women (& Blacks, & Hispanics, & uneducated) will reach age 65, & not have adequate retirement savings...
That's a very odd take. Are you feeling a bit defensive about being a white guy or what? There is absolutely no "premise" to be found there.

"..Women today are still earning 80 cents for every dollar earned by men, Feeney said.

Additionally, women live on average six years longer than men, which means they need more savings.

Because women on average often have a lower risk tolerance than men, that typically translates to lower returns on the money they do have set aside.

Moreover, because two-thirds of all caregivers are women, that often requires them to sacrifice income they could otherwise earn for that time..."

How could any of those factors be construed as being your fault?

OK, I'll grant you that possibly part of number 1 could be construed that way. It's important to note that this comparison does not mean women receive 80% of men's pay for doing identical work, as someone in that other forum mistakenly believes. Sure, it's possible that some pay discrimination exists since white men have typically been the gatekeepers in employment opportunities. Edit: Ohio clarified this point. The controlled gender pay gap, which considers factors such as job title, experience, education, industry, job level and hours worked, is currently at 99 cents for every dollar men earn.[4]

Mostly the 80% figure "..reflects gender differences in jobs, hours worked, years of experience, educational attainment, or personal choices that people make about their careers. Incorporating these significant factors is precisely what makes the number valuable..."

Last edited by Arktikos; 04-29-2024 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-29-2024, 10:30 AM

20,155 posts, read 9,049,040 times
I was reading about a novel alternative to reparations in an article the other day. Instead of continuing to beat the drum for cash payments to those effected why not just don't require them to pay any taxes.

Does that make more sense?
Is it more palatable than direct cash payments?

Old 04-29-2024, 11:56 AM

17,817 posts, read 13,724,212 times
Quote:

I somehow made it to the top 13.04% of Americans in academic achievement despite them, & wound up a rich middle-aged White guy, who pays more in taxes than some people earn.
How does one arrive at determining the top 13.04% of Americans in academic achievement?

And exactly what constitutes "rich" these days?... What was "rich" during the Trump era now rates as pauper status after a term of Creepy Joe.

I only know this because the rich white guys on this site of expressed the great financial duress put upon them by Biden, his cronies and his policies.

With all this inflation and interest and all I really feel terrible for all you guys.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:01 PM

25,825 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
"Radical Leftist media's racist & misandrist propaganda"

Rather a broad brush based on one single article highlighting income disparity between men and women.

I
Some have been so conditioned by the Lib's propaganda, they get to a point where they can no longer recognize it....sad.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
How does one arrive at determining the top 13.04% of Americans in academic achievement?

And exactly what constitutes "rich" these days?... What was "rich" during the Trump era now rates as pauper status after a term of Creepy Joe.

I only know this because the rich white guys on this site of expressed the great financial duress put upon them by Biden, his cronies and his policies.

With all this inflation and interest and all I really feel terrible for all you guys.

The rich got a lot richer under the Biden regime, and the bottom 40% got poorer. I feel terrible for the bottom 40%, & what this regime has done to them. Open borders and inflation are a direct attack on the young strivers, retirees on fixed incomes, minorities, and Single Mothers.

Propaganda like this article tries hard to shift the blame away from the Biden regime, but Joe's done very little to help them.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:18 PM

10,576 posts, read 7,785,778 times
Quote:
The rich got a lot richer under the Biden regime, and the bottom 40% got poorer. I feel terrible for the bottom 40%, & what this regime has done to them. Open borders and inflation are a direct attack on the young strivers, retirees on fixed incomes, minorities, and Single Mothers.

Propaganda like this article tries hard to shift the blame away from the Biden regime, but Joe's done very little to help them.
LOL. Is your source Donald Trump? The bold is not true. Obviously the rich get a lot richer under every president, especially when they get tax cuts.

There is nothing in the original linked article that's propaganda, and if you can't discern this it's very sad indeed.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
LOL. Is your source Donald Trump? The bold is not true. Obviously the rich get a lot richer under every president, especially when they get tax cuts.

There is nothing in the original linked article that's propaganda, and if you can't discern this it's very sad indeed.
So sad some can't see it anymore.

If anyone can't grasp that the bottom 40% have been hurt the most by inflation, then they are unsaveable.

Inflation has had a worse impact upon women than men, because they earn less, and have less disposable income.

Renters, who are part of the bottom 40%, got hammered too...most got poorer too...like Single working Mothers trying to keep up w/ ever-increasing rent.

Bidenomics crushed the most vulnerable...those who earn the least.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:55 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,262,058 times
Quote:
Please tell me how "the Biden regime" has anything to do with the article that you yourself linked, and the resulting topic at hand, which is about how women nearing retirement have not saved as much as men. Because ... as a woman nearing retirement age, I don't recall Biden being a factor in any of the financial decisions I've made since I began my professional career in 1981.

Did you read your own link?
Quote:
If anyone can't grasp that the bottom 40% have been hurt the most by inflation, then they are unsaveable.
See above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media