Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 10:00 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,640,175 times

Advertisements

I miss the old days of directly reporting the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 10:12 AM

540 posts, read 291,775 times
And I wish "headlines" on forums like this would have "unfounded assertions" flagged as such.

Yes the media is biased, if only because people ( journalists ) ( editors ) are biased. Apparently we are no longer teaching logic or objectivity. So the burden falls on the reader to not take any of the "media" reports or forum "posts" at face value. We have to actually "think" for ourselves. How hard can that be?

Old 04-11-2024, 12:46 PM

1,890 posts, read 3,123,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is an article from NPR: https://www.npr.org/2024/04/07/12430...disinformation

The entire article is so slanted, it is almost unbelievable. Here is an example:

The article is filled with "she said's", but the tone of incredulity that some voters can be so "stupid" is so loud throughout that it was as if the author was writing her own views and the article might as well have been set in a 48-point font.
There are many people who are so stupid, or so consumed by their own tribal impulses, that they REFUSE to recognize that NPR is leftist propaganda.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:12 PM

12,892 posts, read 9,142,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is an article from NPR: https://www.npr.org/2024/04/07/12430...disinformation

The entire article is so slanted, it is almost unbelievable. Here is an example:

The article is filled with "she said's", but the tone of incredulity that some voters can be so "stupid" is so loud throughout that it was as if the author was writing her own views and the article might as well have been set in a 48-point font.
Saw an article the other day about someone who was in NPR calling out NPR for putting out opinion as fact and they weren't acting like journalists anymore. Apparently, those in NPR didn't like one of their own calling them out.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:31 PM

24,057 posts, read 15,171,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I miss the old days of directly reporting the facts.
When was that? Newspapers, tv?

Maybe when each and every elected person local, state and national had to go once or twice a year to all those local clubs that had weekly or monthly luncheon meetings. The Lions, JCs, Chamber of Commerce, etc. and tell them what was going on legislation wise. They usually defined the issues from all sides then defined all suggested solutions. The made the case for their own position. Those luncheons were comprised of people of all persuasions.

There were usually a couple newspapers in every town. The tv stations were locally or regionally owned and affiliated with networks.

It was also when districts picked representatives, not the opposite.

Now the internet has made newspapers and tv news obsolete. People have no clue where or what they are reading originates.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:47 PM

2,035 posts, read 714,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Walter Cronkite is long gone."

Thank GOD!

He was very left biased piece of s**t.

And yes, I have met and talked with him.
You miss the point here, no one cares about the journalist's own belief as long as they don't push them into our face and make them the only FACT. I believe you forgot Chris Wallace debating with Trump in the 2020 presidential debate. In short,

Old 04-11-2024, 05:31 PM

9,053 posts, read 4,747,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Saw an article the other day about someone who was in NPR calling out NPR for putting out opinion as fact and they weren't acting like journalists anymore. Apparently, those in NPR didn't like one of their own calling them out.
It is my point of view, that NPR is one, among many Leftist propaganda outlets, that consider objective truth to be a violation of the standards of journalism.

Old 04-12-2024, 06:21 AM

59,370 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
You miss the point here, no one cares about the journalist's own belief as long as they don't push them into our face and make them the only FACT. I believe you forgot Chris Wallace debating with Trump in the 2020 presidential debate. In short,
"no one cares about"

Here we go AGAIN!

O.K., how many have you actually talked with on this subject in order to calm, "no one"?

In order to make that you, you have had to talk with EVERY one.

I know you didn't talk to me, so you claim of "no one" is false.

Too many on here think here just because THEY think 1 way, EVERYBODY automatically agrees with them!

Old 04-12-2024, 07:40 AM

1,595 posts, read 1,137,909 times
I think it is automatically assumed now that most media, or nearly all of the large media outlets, are liberal. And have been for a couple of decades. From the front page to the back page, they are all opinions. It can't possibly surprise anyone any longer ...can it?

Old 04-12-2024, 09:00 AM

24,057 posts, read 15,171,652 times
Could all y’all please tell me when newspapers did not reflect the attitudes of the people who owned and printed them.

Just the facts ma’am are fine with a car accident or a school board or city council meeting.

I agree that the young reporters are green and editors are slim to none. Too many equate talking to both sides is a command for equal coverage. Sometimes one side has a better grasp on the facts. than the other, and that needs to be pointed out.

That Fox tagline Fair and balanced sure influenced expectations. They are the least fair and balance of any news channel. The lawsuits and private messaging revealed it. can’t wait for the next lawsuit to get to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media