Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM

16,665 posts, read 8,369,674 times

Advertisements

What an awful flight that must have been, they were shouting for the two hour flight then that happened. Like why, how?

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...H7JNNV657I6LE/

Flying has become a disgrace. seems like every week there's some awful incident that happened on a flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

3,437 posts, read 1,580,949 times
I thought all fights on planes were due to COVID masks but COVID regulations are over. Flying used to be a lot better many years ago.

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,146,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
What an awful flight that must have been, they were shouting for the two hour flight then that happened. Like why, how?

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...H7JNNV657I6LE/

Flying has become a disgrace. seems like every week there's some awful incident that happened on a flight.
Hate to say it, but Spirit / Frontier / Allegiant don't attract the creme de la creme to begin with. Toss in alcohol from the airport sports bar, and you have a combustible combo.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

12,938 posts, read 22,104,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Hate to say it, but Spirit / Frontier / Allegiant don't attract the creme de la creme to begin with. Toss in alcohol from the airport sports bar, and you have a combustible combo.
Right. And these often seem to be destinations for not so high end travelers (Myrtle Beach, Miami, Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, etc.).

Old Today, 08:07 AM

860 posts, read 563,855 times
Last time I took a flight, the man behind me was not happy because I rolled my seat back down when I took a nap (15-hour flight!). Instead of talking to me, he pushed the seat back when I was sleeping.
When I tried to talk to him, it appeared he could not speak English. I saw no point to argue with him and set the seat back up a little bit.

Old Today, 08:08 AM

High end travelers? I guess we now judge people based on what airline they take. Okey...clearly this group of people was quite trashy....but i can see where someone might want spend as little as possible on a plane ticket. No matter what flight you take something bad could happen. My friend was just telling me that her young son vomited on a plane recently and some of it got on another passenger...i have no idea what flight this was but definitely doesn't seem like a high end travel experience to me.

Old Today, 08:23 AM

Quote:
High end travelers? I guess we now judge people based on what airline they take. Okey...clearly this group of people was quite trashy....but i can see where someone might want spend as little as possible on a plane ticket. No matter what flight you take something bad could happen. My friend was just telling me that her young son vomited on a plane recently and some of it got on another passenger...i have no idea what flight this was but definitely doesn't seem like a high end travel experience to me.
It's not "judgement," it's a fact. I fly Spirit. It's sometimes the cheapest (by far) and most direct option. But I'm under no illusion that it's "high end." It is, by definition, a budget airline. It flies to many budget leisure destinations. Economy class (and even most domestic first classes) on any airline are not "high end," but Spirit, Frontier, Allegient, etc. are notoriously worse.

Old Today, 08:27 AM

I don't fly often, i hate it so I guess i'm not all that familiar with airlines. A plane is a plane to me and I just want to get the hell off of it as soon as possible. I flew in April, wasn't too bad on the way there (way home there more noisy kids) and I have to fly again this July. I have never noticed a difference in any flights i've been on. They all seem to be the same squished in like sardines experience.

Is Delta considered high end? What's a high end flight? I just thought first class was the high end experience.

Old Today, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I don't fly often, i hate it so I guess i'm not all that familiar with airlines. A plane is a plane to me and I just want to get the hell off of it as soon as possible. I flew in April, wasn't too bad on the way there (way home there more noisy kids) and I have to fly again this July. I have never noticed a difference in any flights i've been on. They all seem to be the same squished in like sardines experience.

Is Delta considered high end? What's a high end flight? I just thought first class was the high end experience.
No domestic (or any, really) economy is "high end." It's the cheap option on any airline by definition. But Spirit is even less than most economy products. Delta economy is fine (it's my normal airline), but it's your standard airplane seat (similar to United, American or even JetBlue). Spirit's normal seats actually offer less legroom than Delta's. They're narrower too. They're so crammed that they can't fit a normal size tray table on the seat because there isn't room to open it up. What's more is that literally everything on Spirit costs extra - choosing your seat, a bag to go in the overhead, a glass of water in flight, etc. There is no snack cart or free carry on. Your ticket gets you a seat. That's it. That's why Spirit will charge $90 round trip on a route that Delta charges $200 for.

Most domestic first classes aren't even high end anymore. You get a bigger seat, early boarding, a glass of cheap wine, and if the flight's long enough, a microwave meal. Delta, American, United and Jetblue offer some premium first class routes (think Boston-San Francisco, New York to LA, etc.) which are nice - seats that convert to lie flat beds, higher end food/drink, etc. But you have to fly international carriers for truly "high end" stuff. Emirates First, Qatar's Q-Suite, Singapore Suite, Etihad's The Residence, etc. (3 of those 4 fly from Boston). They have bars and lounges on board, high end champagne and spirits, caviar, and private "suites" that have double beds in some cases, separate chairs and beds, etc. You won't find that on a Boston-Orlando flight.

To be fair to Spirit, I think their "Big Front Seat" is one of the best values in the sky. It's a domestic first class seat (plush, wide, and in a 2x2 configuration rather than 3x3) at the front of the cabin. You can often get one, plus a checked or carry-on bag for less than a basic economy ticket on Delta/American/United/JetBlue.

TL/DR - economy travel is not luxurious, but airlines like Spirit have found ways to make it even worse.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,146,939 times
Quote:

It's more the distinction of budget airlines vs. all others. I fly every week just about, and honestly Southwest is about as "budget" as I'll go. There's nothing wrong with budget airlines, they're all equally safe and get you there. On the latter, you're much more likely to encounter folks who are either flying for the first time or not very often.

Having said that you're right...air conflict incidents can happen anywhere these days, sadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: