Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 06:42 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Probably. The news piece said she was separated then husband filed for divorce after the accident. It looks like her mom died last summer too. Life can be rough.
I bet it doesn't take long for her defense lawyer to put the idea in her head to go after the restaurant where she was served saying they shouldn't have kept serving her more drinks and then let her drive away with the kids if they noticed she was drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 06:42 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,538,475 times
I was behind a Porsche today that was driving slow. People who know me say I drive like an old man. The porche was going 20 miles an hour but on that road I do 35. It's like a Ferrari in front of you going so slow it seems like it's involved in a parade.

There is an old man with a 2005 Honda that the police must know in my apartment complex. He drives 10 to 15 miles an hour on the main roads. Because he is so old the police give him a break. You would not want to find yourself behind him . He does about 2 miles an hour in the parking lot.

Old 03-01-2024, 06:44 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
I was behind a Porsche today that was driving slow. People who know me say I drive like an old man. The porche was going 20 miles an hour but on that road I do 35. It's like a Ferrari in front of you going so slow it seems like it's involved in a parade.

There is an old man with a 2005 Honda that the police must know in my apartment complex. He drives 10 to 15 miles an hour on the main roads. Because he is so old the police give him a break. You would not want to find yourself behind him . He does about 2 miles an hour in the parking lot.
Sadly some drivers don't care and they will probably just ride up within inches of his tail like they will ram him until he either speeds up or gets out of the way.

Old 03-01-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Sadly some drivers don't care and they will probably just ride up within inches of his tail like they will ram him until he either speeds up or gets out of the way.
If you see someone driving that slow nothing will make them drive faster. In fact if you try and tailgate they will slow down more. You could cut them off but I don't do that I try to take a

different road or turn if I can cutting people off can cause a head on. I have beeped it does not help the person driving the car has no brain. They are the same type who block grocery isles standing in the same spot staring at the same spot for ten minutes. The brain scan would let you know
If you fired a shot gun out your window they would still go just as slow because their brain has swiss cheese holes in it.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 03-01-2024 at 07:03 PM..

Old 03-02-2024, 12:51 PM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
People are so rude and unhinged out there, it really is incredible.
Never a good sign when the second post in the thread is already about throwing rocks at people.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:08 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
One time a woman charged me with her car and a guy in a truck witnessed it.
If I recall correctly, you provoked that.

Old 03-02-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It was a red light if someone provokes you and you kill them you are still guilty. I was pointing out the red light. If you call that provoking her for her braking a traffic law then so be it.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:05 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Quote:
It was a red light if someone provokes you and you kill them you are still guilty. I was pointing out the red light. If you call that provoking her for her braking a traffic law then so be it.
Of course that's what he would call it.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:33 PM

9,068 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^Yeah, and there's apparently a police presence at the Storrow Dr left exit off the Leverett Connector, to check for drivers that try to cut in at the last minute. I have that happen to me all the time and almost expect it now. I honked at a guy who did this, and then saw he had an out-of-state (MD) plate, plus he made a hand gesture of apology. But it's hilarious that this is viewed as worthy of enforcement, while far more dangerous behavior (like running red lights) isn't.
The state police have been enforcing that for decades. I don't know why it is such a high priority for them but it is become a fact of life around Boston.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:43 PM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
One time a woman charged me with her car and a guy in a truck witnessed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Of course that's what he would call it.
What would you call it? Just an innocent victim?

Quote:
I sometimes stay in the middle of the road pointing at the red light and they still run it.

The second incident was far more dangerous and a guy in a white truck witnessed it. I saw the light was red and it said cross and I waited for someone to run the red. the middle-aged woman clearly saw me and I was a piece of meat in her way. if only I had a rock in my hand. she drove towards me I did not move. I stood my ground and then she speed up and charged at me with her car! I thought I was going to get hit. She screeched on her brakes. I started swearing at her. I wanted to pull her out of the car and bash her. i would never hit a woman but if she tries to run me over she is getting a beating.
vehicular homicide is trendy I am just a piece of meat on the road!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts