Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 05:21 PM

841 posts, read 1,401,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
It is a prime piece of property and it is imperative we get it right rather than just selling to the highest bidder. The future of our conference center, Mill Hill, and the success of increasing tourism related to Ocmulgee National Park are all dependent on how this land is developed.
Knowing Mayor Miller, I'm sure he's going to hand pick the developers or make sure they are just right for the property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 01:58 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,530,696 times
Any updates
Just went down for the cherry blossom festival.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:17 PM

UPDATE - First plans revealed for old Bibb Mill site, includes 'Coliseum View' apartment complex.

The Macon Housing Authority is proposing 'Coliseum View,' a 60-unit apartment complex with a community center. The complex would have twenty-four 1-bedroom and thirty-six 2-bedroom units There will also be a community space, leasing space, fitness room, arts and crafts room, coffee bar, and gathering space.

According to the proposal, Bibb County plans to build a parking deck on the lot next to where the apartments will be built.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/first-pla...rtment-complex

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...f-6b81eec260da

Old 05-04-2023, 08:22 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
UPDATE - First plans revealed for old Bibb Mill site, includes 'Coliseum View' apartment complex.

The Macon Housing Authority is proposing 'Coliseum View,' a 60-unit apartment complex with a community center. The complex would have twenty-four 1-bedroom and thirty-six 2-bedroom units There will also be a community space, leasing space, fitness room, arts and crafts room, coffee bar, and gathering space.

According to the proposal, Bibb County plans to build a parking deck on the lot next to where the apartments will be built.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/first-pla...rtment-complex

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...f-6b81eec260da

The WORST use of this land imaginable. "Affordable housing " in Macon which is affordable to begin with means a high crime, high litter, dangerous building across from our convention center and adjacent to downtown and the new National Park. I love Macon and try to support as much as I can but this is without a doubt the DUMBEST thing I have seen come out of this city's leadership in the 20 years I have lived here. Absolutely ridiculous and makes me question my vote and donation dollars. NOBODY wants this downtown. Well, nobody who contributes to society.

Old 05-06-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
The WORST use of this land imaginable. "Affordable housing " in Macon which is affordable to begin with means a high crime, high litter, dangerous building across from our convention center and adjacent to downtown and the new National Park. I love Macon and try to support as much as I can but this is without a doubt the DUMBEST thing I have seen come out of this city's leadership in the 20 years I have lived here. Absolutely ridiculous and makes me question my vote and donation dollars. NOBODY wants this downtown. Well, nobody who contributes to society.
I don’t know about Macon- but affordable housing in Atl isn’t that affordable to the lot of lower class
It’s looking as though this is just phase 1 to the mega project that was listed last year
Solving problems like crime and litter can happen- just takes the proper leadership for the ever changing city

Old 05-09-2023, 11:12 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,101 times
Maybe a technicality, but I'm glad this foolish idea is paused at least for a year.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/first-pla...tment-complex#

You don't put subsidized housing on a piece of prime real estate next to a soon to be National Park and across from your Convention Center.

Furthermore, Macon-Bibb is providing far more than its fair share of subsidized and low-income housing within Middle Georgia. We don't need this, especially in East Macon. Market rent apartments would fill up in that prime location and that would better help the tax base.

Old 05-09-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Maybe a technicality, but I'm glad this foolish idea is paused at least for a year.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/first-pla...tment-complex#

You don't put subsidized housing on a piece of prime real estate next to a soon to be National Park and across from your Convention Center.

Furthermore, Macon-Bibb is providing far more than its fair share of subsidized and low-income housing within Middle Georgia. We don't need this, especially in East Macon. Market rent apartments would fill up in that prime location and that would better help the tax base.
Okay now I'm seeing your point- was totally confused because I thought you just didn't want the project all together.
I hope that something is solidified for the future of that land- something beneficial and not detrimental to the future of that park

Old 12-28-2023, 10:37 PM

'Everything's on the table': Take a look at the concept plans for Macon's 'East Bank Development' a potential $350 million development in East Macon and what it could look like once it's fully built.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/...8-839309b9cf62
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: