Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2023, 04:14 AM

2,336 posts, read 3,954,102 times

Advertisements

Could the Sheraton at West End, or an equivalent, be back in play? Check out #5 here:

https://tajhospitality.com/coming-soon/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 07:32 PM

52,769 posts, read 48,138,117 times
It's possible they may have previously just held off on the project. Could be a number of things. Not sure yet if Sheraton will get the nod, but dadgummit, they are due for a place in this market.

Old 11-30-2023, 08:30 PM

Hydroflo Pumps USA announces expansion:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...on-to-economy/

Old 04-01-2024, 11:57 AM

Default More Work At The Reese Site

Hard to believe, but Lubbock is getting a federal grant to help with the furtherance of expansion at Reese, including a brand-new business park.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...k/72758314007/

Old 04-01-2024, 12:10 PM

Default Also Breaking: Drury Makes First Entry Into Lubbock

According to Lubbock In The Loop, Drury Hotels is entering the Lubbock market for the first time, as they are planning a new hotel in the Overton area. They're planning to set up shop at 2411 MSF, but the shovel push has no timetable as yet.

This, if it comes to pass, is huge!

Old 04-01-2024, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
According to Lubbock In The Loop, Drury Hotels is entering the Lubbock market for the first time, as they are planning a new hotel in the Overton area. They're planning to set up shop at 2411 MSF, but the shovel push has no timetable as yet.

Good catch, Case.

Looks like it’s near the SE corner of University & MSF, where the old Days Inn used to be. Looking at renderings/photos of Drury Hotels around the US, some are better than others. Hopefully this one will be in the former category. It would sit near some architectural jewels and very expensive properties.

I will say that the new Home2 Suites down the road looks better than I expected.

Last edited by shoe01; 04-01-2024 at 11:41 PM..

Old 04-02-2024, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Good catch, Case.

Looks like it’s near the SE corner of University & MSF, where the old Days Inn used to be. Looking at renderings/photos of Drury Hotels around the US, some are better than others. Hopefully this one will be in the former category. It would sit near some architectural jewels and very expensive properties.

I will say that the new Home2 Suites down the road looks better than I expected.

What Drury likely won't do is the old stretching atrium concept like in the old days. They'll probably do something similar to what they produced in Frisco (near Dallas) a few years ago. Nowadays, they're trying to keep things fresh with new designs. The space they're planning on should be decent enough to do what they're looking for.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:51 AM

More things coming in:

The Shops at 98th (98th and Milwaukee): The drawings look very sleek and upscale. Can't wait to see this new shopping center take shape. Also planned in that area are some garden office developments.

You know your city is growing when two McDonald's are in development as well as two Taco Villa locations (Milwaukee @ 34th and University at Loop 88), and the latter will have the first new ones built in some two decades (it's a regional institution). Also, another Lubbock institution, Rise & Shine Donuts, is planning to nab a site on Indiana just north of Loop 88.

Old 04-14-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Lubbock followers, here's something that may open some eyes. Thirty acres of land have been looked at by an area developer who wants to build a new water park in West Lubbock.The name of the place, for now, is Aqua Cabana. It will bear no relation to Texas Water Rampage.

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...-social-media/

It has a Facebook site for reference. The expected open date likely will be around 2025. Here's the bigger picture if this happens (Right now, only in discussion phases); it is going to be built near State Loop 88 West and 19th Street. This may bode very well for future development of that area plus the highway itself, and that would be big.
https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...ng-in-lubbock/

Whenever something like this is announced, I’m often skeptical. I like to be proven wrong about that, though.

At the time, I thought that there was a missed opportunity to make it an indoor place, since those are opening up all around the US for an obvious reason. It would be a contrast from TX Water Rampage. I didn’t speak up because I thought that there was a chance that the person had a valid business plan. He still might in another city. We’ll see, I guess.

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Have they started construction? I posted this in the other thread:

https://x.com/ttu_red/status/1795964...dh249LNSSm3AbQ

You see the corner gas station & newish parking lot next to it, across University Ave. Behind that, though, there seems to be activity on the site of the old Days Inn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock