Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 07:53 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,371,920 times

Advertisements

https://www.masstransitmag.com/rail/...o-opens-k-line

It's taken quite a while to get to open, but at least the first phase is completed. Did anyone go to its debut? As it is now, it's pretty stubby though there's a connection to the E(xpo) Line at least and that at some point via the Regional Connector will take it pretty far. Coming soon are a connection through to the C Line (Green) and the future LAX people mover as well as a future Inglewood people mover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 05:27 PM

2,506 posts, read 1,295,214 times
The article says trains don't travel to Century Blvd where you would transfer to a bus to LAX. They stop much earlier.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:51 PM

4,211 posts, read 3,292,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
The article says trains don't travel to Century Blvd where you would transfer to a bus to LAX. They stop much earlier.
This is just 7 of 9 total stops. The Aviation/Century Blvd station opens sometime in 2023 and Metro is offering a (presumably free) shuttle bus until it opens.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:08 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,977,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
This is just 7 of 9 total stops. The Aviation/Century Blvd station opens sometime in 2023 and Metro is offering a (presumably free) shuttle bus until it opens.
The LAX station that was added after the K line started construction is optimistically (my opinion) scheduled to open in 2024, not 2023. And Metro is not offering a shuttle bus, free or otherwise, and have already stated that they don't plan to. But wait, it gets worse. The Centinela grade crossing project will likely begin construction around that time which means that the full line probably won't open until later this decade.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
The LAX station that was added after the K line started construction is optimistically (my opinion) scheduled to open in 2024, not 2023. And Metro is not offering a shuttle bus, free or otherwise, and have already stated that they don't plan to. But wait, it gets worse. The Centinela grade crossing project will likely begin construction around that time which means that the full line probably won't open until later this decade.

Other people are saying it if Metro is saying they aren't.

https://thesource.metro.net/2022/10/...-this-weekend/

"There will be a shuttle bus running between the K Line’s Westchester/Veterans Station and the C Line’s Aviation Station. The shuttle bus will begin service Oct. 7 and run during K Line service hours. Riders can catch a shuttle to LAX terminals from the C Line’s Aviation Station. "

and wikipedia:

"The northern portion opened October 7, 2022, with the southern portion connecting to the C Line expected to open in fall 2023, and the station for transfers to the new LAX Automated People Mover planned for late 2024.[5] In the interim, Metro is operating a bus shuttle from the K Line’s current terminus at Westchester/Veterans station to the C Line at Aviation/LAX station."

Either way I"m pretty sure people will find a way to improvise to the airport from that last stop in the meantime.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Other people are saying it if Metro is saying they aren't.

https://thesource.metro.net/2022/10/...-this-weekend/

"There will be a shuttle bus running between the K Line’s Westchester/Veterans Station and the C Line’s Aviation Station. The shuttle bus will begin service Oct. 7 and run during K Line service hours. Riders can catch a shuttle to LAX terminals from the C Line’s Aviation Station. "

and wikipedia:

"The northern portion opened October 7, 2022, with the southern portion connecting to the C Line expected to open in fall 2023, and the station for transfers to the new LAX Automated People Mover planned for late 2024.[5] In the interim, Metro is operating a bus shuttle from the K Line’s current terminus at Westchester/Veterans station to the C Line at Aviation/LAX station."

Either way I"m pretty sure people will find a way to improvise to the airport from that last stop in the meantime.
Thanks for the correction! I watched metro videos just a few months ago where they stated that there wouldn't be a shuttle bus, but they must have changed their minds. I didn't see a shuttle us though when I rode on opening day and I spent about 15 minutes at that station.

Now that I know I'm going to check it out in the next few days. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the correction! I watched metro videos just a few months ago where they stated that there wouldn't be a shuttle bus, but they must have changed their minds. I didn't see a shuttle us though when I rode on opening day and I spent about 15 minutes at that station.

Now that I know I'm going to check it out in the next few days. Maybe tomorrow.
It could be old info and maybe there is no shuttle. Honestly I don't see why they would feel the need to provide one. It's not like the two stations not being open yet defeat the whole line.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:41 PM

I tried the shuttle today. It was a decent service and it leaves every 10-15 minutes or so. Not as quick as a train, but it doesn't travel on busy streets. I wouldn't be surprised to find that they operate two buses that are parked at each station until riders show up because they just seemed to sit there until I showed up. Maybe it was a coincidence.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
It could be old info and maybe there is no shuttle. Honestly I don't see why they would feel the need to provide one. It's not like the two stations not being open yet defeat the whole line.
The line is/was called the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project by metro, so not being able to get to the airport does defeat its purpose in my opinion. With the shuttle you have to take the K/C shuttle to an LAX shuttle which altogether the combination of shuttles take about 30 minutes after you get on the first one.

I rode the entire line end to end and back just after noon today and got on and off a couple times. I was the only person in my train car sometimes. There were never more than 5 people total in my car.

Last edited by 2Easy; 10-14-2022 at 09:06 PM..

Old 10-14-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
The line is/was called the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project by metro, so not being able to get to the airport does defeat its purpose in my opinion. With the shuttle you have to take the K/C shuttle to an LAX shuttle which altogether the combination of shuttles take about 30 minutes after you get on the first one.

I rode the entire line end to end and back just after noon today and got on and off a couple times. I was the only person in my train car sometimes. There were never more than 5 people total in my car.
That's how the Blue Line extension was in SD for the first few weeks after opening. Pretty steadily crowded now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles