Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:54 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times

Advertisements

Love Larry Elder and Bill Handel. Larry is one of the most articulate, intelligent people out there. Handel is crotchety old guy funny. He's unfortunately bowed down to the PC police just a bit.

Also a fan of Dr. Drew's show but its mid day so I rarely listen.

I have an on again/off again relationship with Dennis Prager, Mark Levin, and John and Ken. I find all enlightening or entertaining at times, and repetitive and mundane at other times.

I didn't know Ben Shapiro was on the air again. I will have to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 11:23 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Nothing beats the Moist Line!
Indeed.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,438 times
I'm a huge KFI Listener and have been for years dating back to when Jeff Levy on Computers (before Leo Laporte). I was interviewed on KFI by Jeff regarding the Chat Rooms on the old Prodigy... He came to a couple of our West Los Angeles Chat Bashes - brought his father who was a character. This was back in 1995-96. I also had a website back in those days that Jeff thought was pretty cool.

Today- I listen to Bill Handel - Gary and Shannon (not always) John & Ken (when I think about it) and Tim Conway. I think John and Ken have helped a lot of people especially with the Josh Newman recall and other issues. Wish more people listened to them. I follow Larry Elder on Twitter and enjoy him a lot. Good insight.

Ben Shapiro is a pain in the patooty. I can only handle his voice for so long. Little on the negative side.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:32 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I'm a huge KFI Listener and have been for years dating back to when Jeff Levy on Computers (before Leo Laporte). I was interviewed on KFI by Jeff regarding the Chat Rooms on the old Prodigy... He came to a couple of our West Los Angeles Chat Bashes - brought his father who was a character. This was back in 1995-96. I also had a website back in those days that Jeff thought was pretty cool.

Today- I listen to Bill Handel - Gary and Shannon (not always) John & Ken (when I think about it) and Tim Conway. I think John and Ken have helped a lot of people especially with the Josh Newman recall and other issues. Wish more people listened to them. I follow Larry Elder on Twitter and enjoy him a lot. Good insight.

Ben Shapiro is a pain in the patooty. I can only handle his voice for so long. Little on the negative side.
Yeah, I remember Prodigy, and I believe they partnered with the L.A. Times to create Timeslink or something -- I got the install diskette from KLSX. I also liked the free Compuserve demos but I was never a regular subscriber. AOL was the bomb back then and I was really happy when they stopped charging by the hour in '96, though like most users I didn't like the busy signals.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:58 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,521,504 times
Ben Shapiro talks so fast, I can't believe it.

Jay Sekulow (870 AM) is a smart guy, but totally conservative, perhaps too much.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:05 PM

608 posts, read 515,432 times
I remember Jeff Levy when he was on KFI. I used see him doing his broadcast from the local computer shows here in Orange County. These are who I listen to pretty much.
Doug Macintyre
Dennis Prager
Micheal Medved
Larry Elder
Mark Levine
John and Ken
I used to be a KFI fiend, but I got a little tired of Handel's intensity, and other than J and K there's nothing on that station I want to hear anymore, other than Leo Laporte on the weekends. Still love that guy after all these years. He's just a really good host to me. I found him back in the old days on ZD TV on Direct TV.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yeah, I remember Prodigy, and I believe they partnered with the L.A. Times to create Timeslink or something -- I got the install diskette from KLSX. I also liked the free Compuserve demos but I was never a regular subscriber. AOL was the bomb back then and I was really happy when they stopped charging by the hour in '96, though like most users I didn't like the busy signals.

We racked up some big phone bills back in those days. My daughter would get so mad as she would try to get a hold of me and the line was always busy.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:44 AM

8,331 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I remember Jeff Levy when he was on KFI. I used see him doing his broadcast from the local computer shows here in Orange County. These are who I listen to pretty much.
Doug Macintyre
Dennis Prager
Micheal Medved
Larry Elder
Mark Levine
John and Ken
I used to be a KFI fiend, but I got a little tired of Handel's intensity, and other than J and K there's nothing on that station I want to hear anymore, other than Leo Laporte on the weekends. Still love that guy after all these years. He's just a really good host to me. I found him back in the old days on ZD TV on Direct TV.
I have talk radio on all day and sometimes into the night if there is nothing on TV.
My list is identical to Newfangles including about KFI.
Micheal Medvied has become a Communist but I still have him on.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
Doug Macintyre
Dennis Prager
Micheal Medved
Larry Elder
Mark Levine
John and Ken
Newfangle- may have seen you there. We use to go out to Orange County as well and watch the remote show.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:11 PM

26 posts, read 33,147 times
I listen to KFI mostly. Bill Handel is hilarious. John & Ken is entertaining, but not necessarily agree to everything they say. All the other shows are less compelling. Neil Saavedra is pretty listenable. But KFI has the worst and most offensive commercials. As soon as the commercials hit I switch to NPR.

Used to listen to Randi Rhodes, Lee Klein, Tom Leykis etc., but they're long gone, not sure got pulled by the LA market or retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles