Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 12:51 PM
ch1 ch1 started this thread

109 posts, read 131,738 times

Advertisements

Dear all

I have accepted job offer from UAMS. Please advise me about the residential safety of rental homes on N Jackson in Littlerock. What about home break in & tornado safety?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 04:50 PM

530 posts, read 820,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1 View Post
Dear all

I have accepted job offer from UAMS. Please advise me about the residential safety of rental homes on N Jackson in Littlerock. What about home break in & tornado safety?
N. Jackson is in Hillcrest, one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Little Rock. That's why home prices there are much higher than other parts of the city. So based on those facts, it's safe. Perhaps someone else, w/more knowledge about it than I, will post more extensive information.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:53 PM

83 posts, read 174,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
N. Jackson is in Hillcrest, one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Little Rock. That's why home prices there are much higher than other parts of the city. So based on those facts, it's safe. Perhaps someone else, w/more knowledge about it than I, will post more extensive information.
North Jackson also extends into the Heights, which is actually THE wealthiest neighborhood in the city. I’m unsure how far north on Jackson the OP is referring, but any street north of Markham (which is the north border of UAMS) is labeled “north.”

Regardless...excellent area(s).

Old 01-10-2021, 08:56 PM

Default Grateful thanks

Dear all

Thank you very much for your prompt guidance.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:51 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Nice area with lots of trees, well-maintained bungalows, four squares, and other historic houses. Close to UALR, the park, the zoo, and the stadium. Easy access to shopping and about ten minutes from downtown if it's not rush hour.

My late aunt and her family lived a few blocks away, and I know a very nice person who lives on Jackson Street at present, a close friend of one of my Arkansas relatives (who also grew up nearby). Won't identify them for obvious reasons, but visited them in their home briefly during both of my last two trips to Arkansas, and enjoyed it very much.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:01 PM

83 posts, read 174,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Nice area with lots of trees, well-maintained bungalows, four squares, and other historic houses. Close to UALR, the park, the zoo, and the stadium. Easy access to shopping and about ten minutes from downtown if it's not rush hour.

My late aunt and her family lived a few blocks away, and I know a very nice person who lives on Jackson Street at present, a close friend of one of my Arkansas relatives (who also grew up nearby). Won't identify them for obvious reasons, but visited them in their home briefly during both of my last two trips to Arkansas, and enjoyed it very much.
Just to clarify, I think you meant close to "UAMS" (not trying to be "that guy" but just trying to clarify for the OP!).

Old 01-18-2021, 07:42 PM

Thank u.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:17 PM

436 posts, read 578,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1 View Post
Thank u.
Congratulations! I think you picked the right area relative to your job.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:44 AM

51 posts, read 63,723 times
Yep, decent area, but don't venture too far south/630
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area