Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 03:55 PM

100 posts, read 47,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
1) No matter where you go, there you are

2) the grass is not always greener on the other side.

3) Count your blessings here & find a small rural place to live. Do not watch the news or politics & you will soon forget all about politics

Not watching the news is just burying my head in the sand. I'm just ignoring it for the time being but then it becomes impossible to ignore. It's imperative I at least have a contingency worked out
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That's why a life coach or career counselor comes handy.
You need to do something of yourself. Be proud of your OWN accomplishments.
No wonder why you sound depressed - you need to find a purpose of your life.

Are you interested in learning anything useful? What skills sound appealing to you?
Religion is what gives purpose and meaning to my life right now. The way my life feels like now is I'm just sitting here waiting for the world to end and making peace with my God. There's not many jobs I'd be able to do and what's the use if I'm very likely going to be dead in the next ten years anyway. I just feel so hopeless about the future

Old 05-08-2023, 05:13 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Now that ^^^ it's clearly some mental disorder.
You should seek professional help. Not psychologist, but psychiatrist.

Until you get better, we can't help you.
At the present time, it's more productive talking to a wall.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:35 PM

24,595 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbsd68 View Post
Religion is what gives purpose and meaning to my life right now. The way my life feels like now is I'm just sitting here waiting for the world to end and making peace with my God. There's not many jobs I'd be able to do and what's the use if I'm very likely going to be dead in the next ten years anyway. I just feel so hopeless about the future
Looking at your posts here - who is paying for your life style? Who do you expect to pay for you living in some temple? Let's not get into minor things such as visas. Yes, you can always go back to Germany and claim the somewhat nice unemployable benefits. When was the last time you lived there? At the end of the day you need to get your head out of the mental sand of self pity and acquired religion. Fun? Not really but a whole bunch of people do it. Do you really believe that some religious hole in the wall will not be affected should the proverbial hit? Try physics 101.
Make a to do list with steps from mental health to physical health to employment. Work it down. Skip the brain washing. ShangriLa does not exist.

Old 05-08-2023, 07:18 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times
Quote:
I've tried turning off the news but I hear all that crap thru the grapevine anyway. It's basically just like putting my head in the sand. There's got to be non-western countries that are at least alright places to live. Sure if I went to the third world I would be surrounded by hardships and destitute people, but at least I'd be away from the collective insanity of American society and all the psyops and social conditioning that the psychopaths on capitol hill constantly push on us. I'm not Buddhist btw, I'm Hindu
Ok, I understand your feelings - a lot of us do.
Most of us here are being older then you and we have met a lot of challenges in our lives..so we know what is what..

You seem to come from a place of negative emotions - understandably- just wanting to leave it all behind.

It could work as it would put you in a learning new things mode, dealing with other governments, people, ideologies and even survival mode in a new place.

So far you come from the place of panic (FUD) and paralyzed by the enormity of choices, things to learn about, important aspects to consider and unable to create and execute a plan to make your current desire - rational or not - a reality.

In addition you may need a lucky chance - look for it, pay attention, it could look as very insignificant but could lead you in the direction you personally need to be going?

Maybe even you met your “lucky chance” here - some people who could steer you in a certain direction?

How about I help you to make a decision? It is better than nothing for you right now.

Let’s narrow it to 3 choices:Uruguay, Australia and Costa Rica.

Research your possibilities - what you need to be able to move there. One of them could become the only choice because of legalities, money, other barriers, etc

Let us know.

P.S. What about your family and friends you are leaving behind?
Would you rather try to move to Canada - not as life changing compare to US to start; you can’t buy residential properties for 2 years in metro areas, but could buy in some rural - they have a new law.

I would first try to get a job - with your knowledge of languages - you have useful skills.

Your age and an offer of employment could help you move there officially - that could be easier to start - not as drastic changes and a lot of it, including employment opportunities could be done on-line

Check specific provinces as well - they may have their own perhaps more liberal immigration programs

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/im...tizenship.html

Last edited by L00k4ward; 05-08-2023 at 07:52 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 08:27 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,874,117 times
If you are going to have to make a living wherever you end up and you say you don't have much in the way of a career or qualifications, then get to work immediately GETTING a career and qualifications. There will always be a need for medical personnel....there are degrees and certifications you can earn in one to two years. Learn plumbing, electrical, auto repair, carpentry, masonry, the list is endless.

If the $hit hits the fan like you seem to think it is going to, then it's not going to be easy to get into another country UNLESS you have something to offer. Find something to offer.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:36 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Looking at your posts here - who is paying for your life style? Who do you expect to pay for you living in some temple? .
You clearly missed post #24.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Ok, I understand your feelings - a lot of us do.
Most of us here are being older then you and we have met a lot of challenges in our lives..so we know what is what..

You seem to come from a place of negative emotions - understandably- just wanting to leave it all behind.

It could work as it would put you in a learning new things mode, dealing with other governments, people, ideologies and even survival mode in a new place.

So far you come from the place of panic (FUD) and paralyzed by the enormity of choices, things to learn about, important aspects to consider and unable to create and execute a plan to make your current desire - rational or not - a reality.

In addition you may need a lucky chance - look for it, pay attention, it could look as very insignificant but could lead you in the direction you personally need to be going?

Maybe even you met your “lucky chance” here - some people who could steer you in a certain direction?

How about I help you to make a decision? It is better than nothing for you right now.

Let’s narrow it to 3 choices:Uruguay, Australia and Costa Rica.

Research your possibilities - what you need to be able to move there. One of them could become the only choice because of legalities, money, other barriers, etc

Let us know.

P.S. What about your family and friends you are leaving behind?
Would you rather try to move to Canada - not as life changing compare to US to start; you can’t buy residential properties for 2 years in metro areas, but could buy in some rural - they have a new law.

I would first try to get a job - with your knowledge of languages - you have useful skills.

Your age and an offer of employment could help you move there officially - that could be easier to start - not as drastic changes and a lot of it, including employment opportunities could be done on-line

Check specific provinces as well - they may have their own perhaps more liberal immigration programs

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/im...tizenship.html

Uruguay seems like it'd actually be alright. Maybe I should book a short trip there to see it. I wouldn't do Canada tho, politically it's just a lamer version of the US. I do have knowledge of languages but most of it is pretty niche and I only have a degree in German. Yeah I know Sanskrit, Latin and Old Norse but I have no academic qualifications in those things and there's no jobs I could get with that.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
If you are going to have to make a living wherever you end up and you say you don't have much in the way of a career or qualifications, then get to work immediately GETTING a career and qualifications. There will always be a need for medical personnel....there are degrees and certifications you can earn in one to two years. Learn plumbing, electrical, auto repair, carpentry, masonry, the list is endless.

If the $hit hits the fan like you seem to think it is going to, then it's not going to be easy to get into another country UNLESS you have something to offer. Find something to offer.
What are some easy trades I could get into?

Old 05-08-2023, 10:31 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,107,777 times
Quote:
What are some easy trades I could get into?
Don't look for an easy trade; look for a trade you would enjoy. Work everyday at a job you enjoy, and you will never work a day in your life. What do YOU want to do?

And by the way, if and when the bombs start falling, I can't think of a place I would rather be than the US or Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration