Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 04:28 PM

64 posts, read 104,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Laughable. Those goons destroyed millions of dollars of private property a year ago.

The use fascist tactics while claiming to be "anti-fascist"

They are dangerous morons.
Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 04:50 PM

64 posts, read 104,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffconsiglio View Post
That's what they call themselves, sure. But they are no better than Hitler's brownshirts.
You mean the orange maga't frauds followers - proud boyz, 3%, white supremacists, cowboys for trump, Boogaloo Bois, QAnon, Oath Keepers, ad nauseam?

Willful ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Old 01-19-2023, 06:14 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
I have limited experience in Las Cruces but while there I talked to some architecture people and drove around the town and the campus and "Old" Mesilla. The city got caught up in the urban renewal craze some years ago (decades) and it seems like they might have shot themselves in the foot and never recovered. It is maybe too close to El Paso and getting closer. I heard people say it was like Albuquerque 40 years ago -- but I don't think they were saying it was on the same trajectory.

Las Cruces Blog – News, Photos, History » Las Cruces’ Worst Mistake

Old 01-20-2023, 02:34 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I have limited experience in Las Cruces but while there I talked to some architecture people and drove around the town and the campus and "Old" Mesilla. The city got caught up in the urban renewal craze some years ago (decades) and it seems like they might have shot themselves in the foot and never recovered. It is maybe too close to El Paso and getting closer. I heard people say it was like Albuquerque 40 years ago -- but I don't think they were saying it was on the same trajectory.

Las Cruces Blog – News, Photos, History » Las Cruces’ Worst Mistake
That's all true. In 2007 when that blog was written, there was still only a walking area in lieu of Main Street being present. However, by 2014, the 7 block stretch of Main Street was restored. The city then went one step further: Water Street and Church Street, which were concocted as the outer perimeter streets around the mall, were formally one way streets. Church went north, and Water went south. By 2018, the city (once again a good thing in my view) changed both streets to two way roads, so now anyone can go in either direction in that same 7 block area. This confused a lot of the old timers at the time. Also roundabouts were installed at the south and north end of the 7 block area where Water and Church collide with Main St. That is still a very confusing situation to those that don't understand the basic premise of failure to yield to the right. Growing up in New Jersey, I remember old traffic circles.

Old 03-16-2023, 02:41 PM

10 posts, read 5,155 times
Its March 2023 and I have now lived in Las Cruces since October 2021. I noticed that this city really seems to be a mystery to people unless they live here. My opinion is you have to live and drive and shop in a city for at least a year or so to understand what goes on. The crime in this town is not visible when you drive through here like to grab a good meal or take in the views. The insane types of assaults on people who are just trying to shop at walgreens or go to a dollar tree will probably not be on the news but those of us living here are well aware of these. The only way you can know what really goes on here is to drive around El Paseo Street at night and/or join Las Cruces Community Watch on Facebook. While some tourist is having their double latte at the Bean Cafe in adorable Mesilla, there are violent robberies occurring 2 miles away at the Circle K gas station. Las Cruces has high crime and we all see it and witness it every day. If you are wealthy and you bought a remote isolated home up in the outskirts of town, you wont be as affected by these things obviously. But if you move here and you are a working person who rents, you should be very careful what neighborhood you move into. Do not go to Walmart at night off Valley especially if you are a single female. The drug runners, human traffickers and gang members dont mess around and you must be on your guard in this town. I know this post will annoy and/or anger some but I am telling you what I have seen so far. If you want current day to day postings of crimes here the FB community watch is where you get it - people post videos of car jackings, police raids on crack houses and everything else. Can you live here and enjoy yourself? That depends on how much money you have and where you live and shop. I imagine if I lived in the hills in a fancy home and only drove down to starbucks for a coffee and had my groceries delivered I might think Las Cruces is fabulous. For us working folks who must interact in and around criminals, its a different story. If I knew a better place to relocate to, I would be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces