Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 01:42 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
I disagree with the last two comments. One of the reasons we suck as a team is because we are moving away from the "old school" kind of football that used to be played. Our team is soft and full of entitled crybabies. Tom stands against that kind of behavior. I'm glad he drove away Jalen...he was a punk and a cancer on the team. That had to be addressed. The BIG issue here is the person who has inflicted the most damage on this team, and that is Dave Caldwell. Why he is still employed is beyond me, and it speaks to Shad's indecisiveness. IMO, he has no business owning an NFL team. This isn't soccer.
I really don't care if we have crybabies, primadonnas, etc.........I'll take a team full of Jalen Ramseys if we can actually show up on Sundays and win some football games. Granted, I haven't been a fan terribly long but since I moved here 6 years ago, the Jaguars have been one of the very worst franchises in the league. Poor attendance at home games, lots of bad luck, terrible drafts, and of course loss after miserable loss. Give me a guy with some swag who can back it up vs. some nobody 7th round pick who allows Austin Ekeler to both run AND receive for over 100 yards on a 4 win Chargers team.

That old school tough guy crap doesn't play well for anyone any more when top players are making tens of millions per year in guaranteed salary. Unless you're Bill Bellchick, he's immune from everything apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 03:36 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Re-starting a new Jags thread here to discuss all things Jaguars. I'll start.......the Jaguars are as bad as they have been since the start of this franchise. From the QBs to the WRs to the OL and the entire defense......I don't think the team has a single All Pro and after Marrone and the entire staff are canned, we will need to rebuild yet again for a third time since I moved here in '14. That AFC championship game seems like a lifetime ago.
First the good news....

Not only do my wife and I get to celebrate our 20th Anniversary next year, we also get to celebrate the 20th year of the Jags Rebuilding!!

Now...my take......fire the entire coaching staff, put Coughlin back in as head coach, and start all over and we can party like it's 1999!

SS

Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM

5,129 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
You'll be absolutely fine. In fact, during games against popular teams like the Steelers, the stadium appears to be almost half full of the other team's fans. What a shame.

Totally agree. It seems like we are a great travel destination for some of the fans from the away teams also.

Jacksonville is growing though with so many of that increase being transplants so that also comes into play.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
First the good news....

Not only do my wife and I get to celebrate our 20th Anniversary next year, we also get to celebrate the 20th year of the Jags Rebuilding!!

Now...my take......fire the entire coaching staff, put Coughlin back in as head coach, and start all over and we can party like it's 1999!

SS
Now I could live with that, but at the same time I wish I knew how much power he has been given to make suggestions to Marrone now. It is hard to fathom Coughlin just sitting back through all this!

Old 12-13-2019, 03:50 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Why do people think a fraction of the city shows up to Jags games? Because most of the city knows the team sucks. Until the team starts winning, more people will support them, period. You can't expect people to support a losing product. I've never gone to a Jags game in Jacksonville & never will until the team gets it together and starts winning. It's only so much losing that fans can take.

Old 12-13-2019, 05:57 AM

Today is a good day to remind everyone that in 2017 the Jaguars passed on the following to draft Fournette:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Deshaun Watson'

And it 2018 we drafted Taven Bryan over LAMAR FREAKING JACKSON. This was a team in dire need of an upgraded QB in both years.

Yes, Caldwell and Coughlin must go. No excuses.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:45 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,396 times
Quote:
Today is a good day to remind everyone that in 2017 the Jaguars passed on the following to draft Fournette:

1) Patrick Mahomes
2) Deshaun Watson'

And it 2018 we drafted Taven Bryan over LAMAR FREAKING JACKSON. This was a team in dire need of an upgraded QB in both years.

Yes, Caldwell and Coughlin must go. No excuses.
They also drafted a punter in the same round - and before - the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
they also drafted a punter in the same round - and before - the seahawks drafted russell wilson.
lol!

Old 12-13-2019, 07:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Honestly, the Jags need to clean house from top to bottom and start over. It's a lot of dead weight on that team. It's talented high school football players from the ghetto that play with more heart than the Jags. Raines, Ribault, any inner-city high school in Jacksonville got more football talent than the Jags.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:20 PM

Great comeback win by the Jags although I still hope we make some changes with coaching next year. Definitely going to be a tough call determining starting QB.

On another note it was a bit sad to see those really passionate Raiders fans seeing their team playing for the last time in their stadium. They have one heck of a fan base but they do have the population to support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville