Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 08:21 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,092,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneJ_QuintupleA View Post
I know this is an old thread and such, but I do feel it's relevant to try and get a really good map/idea of major areas, neighborhoods, and subdivisions of Jackson. In fact, I don't really understand why Jackson hasn't made its own map of neighborhoods and such itself.

In regards to the major areas of Jackson (North Jackson, South Jackson, etc.), here's what I'd say:

-South Jackson: Definitely everything south of I-20 all the way down south to Byram's city limits.

-Northeast Jackson: Jackson city limits to the north meeting with Ridgeland/Madison County, Lakeland Dr. or the Lefleur's Park area to the south, city/county limits to the east, and I-55 to the west.

-West Jackson: Basically, everything west of Gallatin/Mill Streets and south of Northside Drive is arguably West Jackson. Several neighborhoods in this area are also considered to be part of North Jackson as well. Less commonly certain areas are either referred to as northwest or southwest Jackson.

-North Jackson: Includes everything north of Northside Drive, though many neighborhoods not within this area such as Virden Addition, Georgetown, Northwest Hills etc. are often included as well. Then you also have neighborhoods not in West Jackson at all that are often included here (Belhaven, Midtown, Downtown, Fondren).

This is my best shot as these major sides of Jackson are often ill-defined with some neighborhoods, in my opinion, should arguably be part of another area (I'm thinking Belhaven, Midtown, and Fondren should be considered NE Jackson at least, but that's just me).
I appreciate you reviving this thread and i wish more Jacksonians were active in here. There's ambiguous perspective on the boundaries due to the layout of the city. I disagree on West Jackson boundaries. When your speaking on neighborhoods like Virden Addition, Georgetown, Brown Bottom, & Queens for exanple their North Jackson.

North Jackson is the largest section of the city and gets blurry near the border of Westside. I've seen news & articles refer to neighborhoods at that border as North, West, & Northwest confusingly. Especially the Queens. I wouldn't lump Belhaven & Fondren with Northeast due to geographic location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 01:47 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,924 times
I assume what would be needed is a color-coded map in Google, sort of like what this poster did for a map of Memphis:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/10918791-post1.html

Old 05-19-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I assume what would be needed is a color-coded map in Google, sort of like what this poster did for a map of Memphis:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/10918791-post1.html
Indeed.

Old 12-17-2022, 04:09 PM

Opinions on the visitjackson's city map?
Attached Thumbnails
Communities Map ?-screenshot_20221217-142119_samsung-internet.jpg  

Old 12-21-2022, 09:53 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,239,323 times
Jackson doesn't exist until someone does a Judgemental Map of it.

Old 12-21-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Einnseanair View Post
Jackson doesn't exist until someone does a Judgemental Map of it.
It exist before and after a judegement map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson