Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Islam have more similarities with Christianity or Judaism?
Christianity 8 27.59%
Judaism 21 72.41%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 12:25 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
I wonder why don’t Christians have similar process of slaughtering meat ? If western countries would start slaughtering meet in a religious Christian way, then we Muslims would be able to consume it. It does not have to be halal for us to consume meat. We can eat kosher meat
The answer is in the Christian Scriptures.

Here's an easy-to-follow explanation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter%...t_with_animals

As mentioned, I've worked for Muslims for a time, and that job involved attending a lot of events at which meals were served. They always get the salmon or request a vegetarian dinner. When I started working for them, I was a vegetarian who eventually added back fish, so it worked out well.

(I do eat meat again, but less of it than I once did.)

Old 02-15-2022, 09:51 AM

836 posts, read 505,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That's not an offense to Christians. It simply means you don't understand the Doctrine of the Trinity.
What if you understand the trinity and conclude, "nah, that explanation makes no sense. It's still a form or polytheism?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 04:04 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
What if you understand the trinity and conclude, "nah, that explanation makes no sense. It's still a form or polytheism?"
If you understand the Doctrine of the Trinity, you know it isn't polytheism, even if you think it makes no sense.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:57 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,132 times
From the Islamic point of view, we do see Christians believing and worshipping One God. The problem began in the 4th century when some clever guys tried to be too clever and tried to explain God in more details than they actually knew.

There is God (they called father), there is message from God, which is spirit (they called Spirit) and there is human Messenger who delivers the message. They regarded the Messenger "The Son".

There would be no Spirit or the Son without the Father (God).

Therefore, Trinity is not the correct way of understanding God but how humans are strengthened by spirit from God.

Trinity is not polytheism as Christians don't worship at least one of the 'persons' of the Trinity. The second 'person' also did not worship himself but only One God. Therefore, he too had preached worship of only One God.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:32 PM

14 posts, read 4,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasureoktoo View Post
The Jews invented the god, Granted they got most info from the Summarians,
But it is theirs, all the early prophets are theirs.
they have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God, added more Gods to it,
Changed the rules, ... and turned on the Jews..

Then the Muslims stole the God,
Eliminated the Christian Gods.
Modifies all the stories,
turned all the characters into Muslims, at a time when Muslims did not exist.
Added their own prophet.
changed the rules again,
And turned on the Jews and Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind,

Or they are different Gods .

And "interpretation' is a childish excuse.
"manipulation" is a better definition.
Modified to manipulate the masses.
the quran removed the slander of the biblical scribes. no passover in exodus quran story. god does not kill infants in cribs this is just one example

Old 05-25-2022, 01:26 AM

17 posts, read 6,324 times
my assumption it will be Judaism

Old 10-04-2023, 04:39 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasureoktoo View Post
The Jews invented the god, Granted they got most info from the Summarians,
But it is theirs, all the early prophets are theirs.
they have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God, added more Gods to it,
Changed the rules, ... and turned on the Jews..

Then the Muslims stole the God,
Eliminated the Christian Gods.
Modifies all the stories,
turned all the characters into Muslims, at a time when Muslims did not exist.
Added their own prophet.
changed the rules again,
And turned on the Jews and Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind,

Or they are different Gods .

And "interpretation' is a childish excuse.
"manipulation" is a better definition.
Modified to manipulate the masses.

I think we are seeing more evidence that the monotheistic concept of Judaism came from the Greeks. The Monad for example preexisted any evidence of Jewish sources. There is only the claim of antiquity. Phanes was the primordial god of the Greeks. What we do have of Jewish sources is polytheism in the 3rd century BC. The stories in Genesis were certainly influenced by Summarians, Babylonians etc.

Old 10-04-2023, 04:52 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post

This is not a worthy argument and I don't even believe in the trinity or any of these man made religions. There is one universe. If I say the earth is part of the universe this is ploy universalism? This makes no sense. The trinity is something akin to a divine will much like a hand does the will of the head. Another divine attribute is something that which never changes , aka incorruptible. I could take gold and universally say gold is of one kind and yet in so many pieces.

Its just a silly argument of arithmetic, and Islam really embarrasses itself in this case. If Islam is still set upon this idea then what of the Kabbala and the divine sparks and its emanation theory. God is in far more pieces than a mere 3 . The spark is in every Jew.

Old 10-05-2023, 04:58 AM

2,767 posts, read 2,665,675 times
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary.
The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.
Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden paradise.
His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no Allah save the One Allah.
If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.

Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him.
And his mother was a saintly woman.
And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam