Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 12:40 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times

Advertisements

The pizza there is completely awful, good pizza is mostly found east of the Mississippi River.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 10:15 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,250,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The pizza there is completely awful, good pizza is mostly found east of the Mississippi River.

There's worse options out there than Pizza Ranch (which I personally find to be mediocre rather than awful). Little Caesar's, in my experience, is barely edible and consistently worse than Pizza Ranch's offerings. I don't like the "new" Pizza Hut crusts, they're the worst of any major chain - probably a cost cutting measure (I guess they felt it more profitable to make cheap, crappy pizzas - they definitely had way better offerings 20+ years ago). Casey's can run the gamut from something I wouldn't give to my dogs to some really tasty pizza. Domino's is a little better than what they once were, but their pizzas still are largely mediocre. Papa John's has also gone downhill as well (even before their old CEO left) - they have definitely sold out with their new stuffed crust pizzas (which aren't nearly as good as the stuffed crust pizzas Pizza Hut had back in the day). But I think most people know what they're going to get at pizza chains - cheap ingredients and cheap labor make cheap pizzas. You're far more likely going to get a quality pizza at a local pizzeria where management is far pickier about which ingredients to use and how to bake them.

And there is some truth to the Northeast being home to the best pizza in the country, but truly quality pizza can be found in all fifty states. It's just easier to find in some places more than others.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:17 AM

3,408 posts, read 4,628,760 times
I prefer Pizza Ranch over Cici's and Little Caeser's when I ate them in Nebraska. Apparently, I asked them about starting a franchise west of the Rocky Mountains (Nevada, Arizona, Utah) and they said it's perfectly fine, as long you have the capital, investment and some kind of business experience.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:55 AM

9 posts, read 7,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I prefer Pizza Ranch over Cici's and Little Caeser's when I ate them in Nebraska. Apparently, I asked them about starting a franchise west of the Rocky Mountains (Nevada, Arizona, Utah) and they said it's perfectly fine, as long you have the capital, investment and some kind of business experience.
It's a pity that not everyone understands this, it also seems to me that their pizza is at a good level for their pizzerias

Old 11-15-2021, 08:10 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
We have them north of the border, too.

It's not my choice but if someone else wants to go I've discovered our local one has good fresh salad and tasty bleu cheese dressing. I have a big salad.

I've notice that ours keeps the pizza pans coming, too.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:37 PM

659 posts, read 1,101,612 times
Nobody should go to Pizza Ranch if they can help it, unless they're running for public office and desperate for a meet and greet.

As others have pointed out, the pizza is not good. The chicken is decent, but you're probably better off with Popeyes, KFC, or any halfway decent local place.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:58 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,103,672 times
Pizza Ranch is OK as many have mentioned above. The chicken is their best buffet item, but the pizza is better than what you can get frozen at the supermarket. For those that have been in the south and east: Pizza Ranch is worlds better than CiCi's Pizza, which has a similar marketing and dining strategy.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:07 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,979,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
If you want to understand Iowa, do you need to eat at a Pizza Ranch?
No. If you want to understand Iowa, you need to eat a Maid-Rite loosemeat sandwich.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:37 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,191,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
No. If you want to understand Iowa, you need to eat a Maid-Rite loosemeat sandwich.
Meh. Tenderloin sandwiches rule in the eastern part of the state.

Old 04-23-2023, 11:46 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,396,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The Twin Cities have exceptional pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa