Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 06:25 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Yep. Many years ago my Torts professor said that anyone with $15 (the filing fee at the time) can sue anyone else. Winning the case is a whole other matter.

And even if you win the case and a judgement is entered, collecting the money is a whole other project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2024, 04:29 AM

29 posts, read 17,550 times
I just read a negative comment someone posted. He said that his attorney made a backdoor deal with the insurance? That means the attorney got paid more without telling the client? How would I be able to find out if this is what happened to me? It sure did feel like this attorney was working with the insurance company. She brainlessly accepted anything the insurance said including what the doctor said even after the second injury proved him wrong. In one of the notes from my first appointment, the idiot said I was exaggerating. Then I go to therapy for months then he asked me if I am ready to go back to work and I gave him my honest answer which was I don't know because I am still having pain that gradually increases then I got injured again because of his fault of putting me back to work when I wasn't ready. But he downplayed it in his notes and even the second MRI showed this but he didn't even talk about it after the results at all. The attorney knew this but didn't increase the settlement during negotiations. She was like working with a brainless test dummy. I don't even know how she is even an attorney. If I find out she made a backdoor deal with the insurance company then I will sue her using the second attorney I hired who was actually good. The first firm said they would charge $250 if insurance company requested medical records. But when I asked other worker comp attorney firms they said they charge nothing including my second attorney. The second attorney took money from the first since they had to share. The first attorney just wanted to steal as much money from m as possible, that's why she wanted to keep the case open so she can get paid more than the percentage. I told her to withdraw so it wouldn't happen. I hired second attorney to read the contract and take money from the first attorney. I wouldn't be surprised if first attorney made a backdoor deal with insurance company. How can I find out if she did?

Old 01-21-2024, 05:58 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
My review:

"Paragraphs are a worthy concept."

Old 01-21-2024, 10:15 AM

3,524 posts, read 3,728,884 times
I'm not against writing a negative review for bad behavior, but if getting sued is truly a concern, just leave a star rating (assuming that's an option) and don't write anything. That's nowhere near as satisfying as telling them the what-what, but what will a negative review really accomplish anyway? They're just vents which don't give you any power over a situation that's already happened.

Old 01-21-2024, 03:16 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
This thread should be moved to a much more appropriate section.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:16 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
This thread should be moved to a much more appropriate section.
We're talking about posts on the internet. This is appropriate.

Old 01-23-2024, 12:00 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We're talking about posts on the internet. This is appropriate.
Not really, post could have taken on any medium. The real discussion is about legal consequences.
More importantly, the assistance, the info the OP needs will likely to come from the part of forum that focuses on such legal situations.

At least, that is how I see it.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:26 AM

1 posts, read 151 times
Yes, if the review contains false, harmful statements, violating defamation laws, but outcomes depend on jurisdiction and review content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet