Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2023, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 913 times

Advertisements

Greeting Indy Nomads!

I am moving to Indy in December have lived in Colorado (15 years) in an apartment with a garage.

Is it necessary to have an apartment with a garage or street parking suffice?

Thank you so much for your candid advice!
missindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2023, 05:57 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
It depends where your apartment is, and what you're hoping to accomplish with a garage.

I don't have a garage, but I wish I had one. Scraping frost off my windshield in the winter is the bane of my existence.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:08 PM

165 posts, read 145,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
It depends where your apartment is, and what you're hoping to accomplish with a garage.

I don't have a garage, but I wish I had one. Scraping frost off my windshield in the winter is the bane of my existence.
And scraping snow and ice in the winter after a storm even is less fun. But by "street", OP do you mean literally on the street, or the apartment complex's parking lot? I would definitely get a garage to avoid street parking. Many garages often have a little extra space where you can store excess items you might have in totes etc.

Old 10-08-2023, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 913 times
Hello ToxicToast and SDbp,

Thanks a tons for your replies and advice.

I'm deciding on Notch at Nora or Quarry at River North. Notch at Nora has parking on the apartment complex. Garage is an extra fee $100 at Quarry. I would need to scrap snow and ice two times a week.

Anyone have experience with either locations? Preference?

Thanks a ton in advance,
missindy

Old 10-08-2023, 01:31 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
I lived in Alaska with and without a garage. We live in a downtown area and there are expensive townhomes without any garages. So it is your convenience and cost that will decide on whether you need a garage.

Notch at Nora right across from busy high school. Make sure there is a light to be able to get out. Walking distance to more neighborhood shopping, Kroger, Whole Foods, Target, Bagel Fair, Total Wine, etc. Monon Trail right there. YMCA is within a block or two.

Quarry would be dealing with traffic at Keystone at the Crossing. Xmas is a nightmare since it is a heavy shopping spot right at that corner. No grocery stores within a walk.

Cost being similar, I might tend to Notch for the location if there is easy in and out.*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis