Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 03:53 PM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times

Advertisements

We are flying in to Indy for the Pearl Jam show, arriving on Sat, Sept 9. The show is in Noblesville on Sept. 10, and I have a room there for two nights, but am now wondering if we should stay in downtown Indy the day we arrive. Are there a lot of sights to be seen? Is it better to just uber up to Noblesville and find things to do there the night we arrive?

I'm not a racing fan, but the Indy Museum looks pretty cool (husband has been there and did the drive on the track)

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 06:04 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
If you're hotel is within walking distance of the venue, I'd just stay out there and drive downtown or wherever in the city you're hoping to explore. The parking at ̶D̶e̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶e̶k̶ Ruoff Music Center is awful. Getting in won't seem so bad, but getting out will take forever unless you dip out early. The last show I saw out there, I paid for premium parking just so I didn't have to spend an hour waiting to get out of the lot. At one time Metazoa Brewing ran a shuttle between their brewery downtown and shows at Deer Creek, perhaps ask them if they still do?

I don't know what "sites" or things you're into, but downtown, the sort of canned responses for things and areas to check out are:

White River State Park - This includes the NCAA Hall of Champions, Indy Zoo, Eitlejorg Museum, the Canal, and the greenspace/trails of the park itself. You can rent swan paddle boats on the canal or these four seat/two seat bikes to ride around. We are zoo members, so we go there all the time. Is it worth it if you're coming from out of town? Maybe? Our zoo is fairly small, or at least seems smaller than you might expect, but we like it. It isn't a mind blowing experience.

Mass Ave/Bottleworks - Mass Ave is where you'll find a lot of the "trendy" type places. Shops, restaurants, and the like. Bottleworks is a newer development on the east end of Mass Ave, there's a food hall and such in there.

Fountain Square - Similar to Mass Ave. On the weekends, you can usually stand outside Hi Fi Annex and listen to whoever is playing in there. I like to do that with my kids, then go across the street to Square Cat and listen to records.

That's a start? Tough to really say if anything is worth it, I don't know what you're into. I'm not a car guy, I've never been to any of the car stuff out by the track. There is an indoor go kart place on Main Street in Speedway, now that place is cool.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:25 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
I'd probably just stay downtown if you're here for two days and want to see some sights and uber to the concert. I would walk the canal downtown and check out the above mentioned stuff. There is also a free war memorial museum downtown that is cool if you're into that. Helium comedy club is fun and right downtown by all the bars and restaurants as well. Take a walk to monument circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: