Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 06:11 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,076,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Indy's downtown is much more centralized around monument square but then you have other gentrified pockets like fountain square and Broadripple.
I think our downtown center is monument circle in terms of festivals and such, but I see the downtown core of Indy is more centralized, in terms of all aspects like living, shopping, dinning, etc., on the eastern side of the downtown area. From E. 10th Street, south along where the interstate cuts through along with Mass Ave., then continuing south to Fountain Square even. The NE and SE quads of the the downtown core and Fountain Square area almost seem fully connected now. There is still some growth that could make really seem like one continuous core area. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, this wasn't the case. This area has a nice mix of residential, retail, office buildings, and eateries.

I really wish they would've redeveloped the interstate downtown and put it either underground at least below the surface. Not sure if flooding would've been a concern though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Quite honestly I like the idea of moving back to Columbus or somewhere in Ohio (probably near Cincinnati near the river)...
After a few trips to Cincinnati over the last few years, I really like that city. If I had to pick between the four cities I feel are the Lower Midwest Ohio River Valley cities, Indy, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Columbus, I'd pick Cincinnati if I needed a larger metro with more offerings. If more mild winter weather was an issue, I'd pick Louisville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis