Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 06:35 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times

Advertisements

Massive protests are planned for NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles as well.

Thousands of Americans from all 50 states is planning protest at U.S-Mexico border part of TAKE OUR BORDER BACK BORDER RALLY.

In opposition to the open border disaster under the Biden administration, a coalition of Americans from all throughout the country announced the organizing of a major Southern Border Convoy and multi-city rally next month.

https://takeourborderback.com/

https://x.com/leadingreport/status/1...QbM1s43DhfrK6w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 07:58 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
We need to do our protesting at the ballot office

Old 01-22-2024, 08:54 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

Thousands of Americans from all 50 states is planning protest at U.S-Mexico border part of TAKE OUR BORDER BACK BORDER RALLY.
Hopefully your protests will put pressure on republicans to get to the bargaining table and make a deal!
It will take a lot more than 1000's to make much of an impression though. I remember in 2006, literally millions of illegals, and supporters took to the streets. Now that was a real show of force!

2006 United States immigration reform protests

Quote:
In 2006–2007, millions of people participated in protests over a proposed change to U.S. immigration policy.[1] These large scale mobilizations are widely seen as a historic turn point in Latino politics, especially Latino immigrant civic participation and political influence,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_U...eform_protests

Old 01-22-2024, 09:07 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Dems DOJ will just make it like Jan 6th and try to lock people up on BS charges.

Old 01-23-2024, 05:56 AM

1,929 posts, read 817,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

In opposition to the open border disaster under the Biden administration, a coalition of Americans from all throughout the country announced the organizing of a major Southern Border Convoy and multi-city rally next month.

https://takeourborderback.com/

https://x.com/leadingreport/status/1...QbM1s43DhfrK6w
BAMN

Old 01-23-2024, 07:07 AM

344 posts, read 444,685 times
About freaking time.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:11 AM

6,776 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Dems DOJ will just make it like Jan 6th and try to lock people up on BS charges.
Yep, I wouldn’t bother attending these events, as we know that the DOJ, FBI, and other government organizations will use them as an opportunity to trap and get people riled up into a frenzy so they can then arrest them and score political points.

Also LOL at people who are blaming REPUBLICANS for the current situation at our southern border. Democrats encourage and condone illegal immigration and their solution to this issue is to hire more people so that these illegal aliens can continue to abuse our asylum laws and get processed FASTER, but not to stop any of this. Yet somehow Republicans are to blame?

Last edited by cowboyxjon; 01-23-2024 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-23-2024, 12:17 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Yep, I wouldn’t bother attending these events, as we know that the DOJ, FBI, and other government organizations will use them as an opportunity to trap and get people riled up into a frenzy so they can then arrest them and score political points.
Maybe you should go. I read a lot of groaning, so attending an event designed precisely to represent your beliefs seems like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Also LOL at people who are blaming REPUBLICANS for the current situation at our southern border. Democrats encourage and condone illegal immigration and their solution to this issue is to hire more people so that these illegal aliens can continue to abuse our asylum laws and get processed FASTER, but not to stop any of this. Yet somehow Republicans are to blame?
Yes, I'd be in the camp of a good portion of the blame on a group of Republicans. This issue could have been rectified long ago with a bipartisan agreement, long before all these surges took place. We needed much larger quotas, and a certain brand of Republican refuses to accept that as true. We have been lucky to have found all these willing workers. If their countries weren't such a mess, they could have retained their workforces and competed more directly with the US, as it stands, we get a lot of their young able bodied/motivated people.

Old 01-23-2024, 01:31 PM

6,776 posts, read 9,332,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
So you’re blaming government officials for people who can’t control their emotions? “Your rights end at the tip of my nose.” Remember that? Maybe the protesters need to employ the much more effective method pioneered by Mahatma Ghandi of passive resistance, instead of blaming the LEOs. That goes for any protest, on any side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Have you written to your representatives to advocate for fines/jail time for business owners who hire undocumented immigrant workers?
Yes, but since I am represented by Democrats, my requests fall upon deaf ears. They don’t care about this issue; in fact, they go out of their way to support illegal immigration.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:20 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
^^^^My rep and senators are all worthless democrats. I've written to them all many times. My rep never answers me. He could at least have his staff send out form letters, but no. My senators have answered with lots of word salad that basically says they support illegal immigration and amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration