Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2024, 06:00 PM

35,409 posts, read 17,303,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
So they benefited from theft, why weren't your ancestors who came in the 1900's cowards? Why didn't they stay and fix their country?
My ancestral countries were Ukraine, Poland (both in Czarist Russia) and Hungary/Slovakia, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire Trying to fix those was rather lethal; just passively staying became lethal.

Old 05-15-2024, 06:01 PM

414 posts, read 591,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Hi.. I find this to be a very flawed claim. That Mexicans have a more credible claim to North America than Americans.. based on your claim that Americans are too European(?)
Well, Mexicans ARE North American - that is a geographical and historical fact but yes is the answer to that.

Quote:
Mexicans speak Spanish, a European language..
Most do but some do speak native languages.

Quote:
They're predominantly Catholic, a religion imported from Europe, and genetically Mestizos possess White Spanish blood.. so you're only claim left could be that the Indian blood within Mestizos give them eternal possession of North America, correct?
Not 'eternal possession' because obviously that is ridiculous but it gives them more rights than some guy whose ancestors rocked up from Europe two hundred years ago who gained that land by murder and pillage, yeah?

Quote:
But Mayans etc never controlled Virginia or Maine or Ohio etc. So how do you reconcile that reality with your claim that modern Mexicans are entitled to all of North America?
But their close genetic relatives lived in Maine and Virginia - Europeans are basically a people in the same way but I bet you moan about people from the Middle East living in Sweden and the UK or wherever - those Mexicans who are of mostly indigenous blood have every right to be there - if all you have is a 250 year claim on the land towards a people who have been on that continent 20000 years you're now finding out how flimsy your claim is.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense to suggest that Central Americans have an eternal claim over all of 'stolen' North America.. and realistically, modern Mexico is just as European in its cultural foundations as the US.
I never said anyone has an eternal claim because that is just ridiculous, what I said is the natives of the continent have more moral right than you on who comes next - someone is coming over next because that is how it all works - you're not stopping it and your people - big businesses and the consumer aid and abet 'illegal' immigration to the US - all of them come to well paid work - you and the likes of you take responsibility for it.

Old 05-15-2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My ancestral countries were Ukraine, Poland (both in Czarist Russia) and Hungary/Slovakia, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire Trying to fix those was rather lethal; just passively staying became lethal.
People have their reasons, today and when your ancestors left.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
People have their reasons, today and when your ancestors left.
My ancestors on my mother's side fled the Czar's draft for the Army. My Dad's, I'm less sure but the storm flags of Nazism were flying long before 1900. My paternal grandparents fled in the 1880's and my maternal grandmother immigrated from Hungary, I think, just before WWII. None were coming to leach off long-term Americans.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:42 PM

63,301 posts, read 29,383,152 times
This land DIDN'T belong to anyone hundreds of years ago when there wasn't an established country, government, borders or immigration laws. Today there IS land ownership as we DO have an established country, a government, borders AND immigration laws! The twisting of one's words by these trolls is truly amazing!

We have every right which includes our government who instituted our immigration laws in the first place to repel illegal aliens. We do not repel legal immigrants! IS someone so ignorant that they don't know the difference? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and their DNA is irrelevant! Mexicans whose tribal ancestors were the Aztecs need to take their beef up with the Spaniards alone as they were conquered by them!

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-americas/aztecs

The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans did not settle in our country they settled in Mexico! The descendants of the tribes that settled in the U.S. are all full fledged U.S. citizens so I don't get the argument that Mexicans belong in the U.S. No tribe had the right to the whole continent when they settled in different parts of it!

It's totally disgusting that any American would salivate over the illegal invasion of our country just to make the rich richer and to transform our demographics in that unlawful and unnatural manner!

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-15-2024 at 08:07 PM..

Old 05-15-2024, 09:11 PM

Quote:
My ancestors on my mother's side fled the Czar's draft for the Army. My Dad's, I'm less sure but the storm flags of Nazism were flying long before 1900. My paternal grandparents fled in the 1880's and my maternal grandmother immigrated from Hungary, I think, just before WWII. None were coming to leach off long-term Americans.
'Long term Americans'? You mean 'Americans' who had been there for 150 years?

Most 'illegal' immigrants go to your country to work, to do the jobs you won't do.

You are the descendants of implants - you have no moral right to tell anyone else not to come because they don't subscribe to your cultural mores.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This land DIDN'T belong to anyone hundreds of years ago when there wasn't an established country, government, borders or immigration laws. Today there IS land ownership as we DO have an established country, a government, borders AND immigration laws! The twisting of one's words by these trolls is truly amazing!
There WAS - it's just you didn't recognise them but they existed which is why the US government signed treaties with Native American nations - there was governance, laws and land ownership THEN when you came in and rudely interrupted their ways of life with your alien culture, who asked you to come? Nobody did.

Quote:
We have every right which includes our government who instituted our immigration laws in the first place to repel illegal aliens. We do not repel legal immigrants! IS someone so ignorant that they don't know the difference? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and their DNA is irrelevant! Mexicans whose tribal ancestors were the Aztecs need to take their beef up with the Spaniards alone as they were conquered by them!
We have gone through this before - because you quote the law does not mean you hold the moral high ground, you don't - whites in South Africa could quote the law to stop black people sitting on the same park bench as them. You and your ancestors took land that didn't belong to you and settled it through force and now the same thing is happening to you, you don't like it - well, like I said, you can't steal off a thief, that land isn't yours to dictate who comes after you.

Quote:
The tribal ancestors of the Mexicans did not settle in our country they settled in Mexico!
The concept of Mexico didn't exist then and those people lived and settled as far as Northern California so - yep, wrong again.

Quote:
The descendants of the tribes that settled in the U.S. are all full fledged U.S. citizens so I don't get the argument that Mexicans belong in the U.S. No tribe had the right to the whole continent when they settled in different parts of it!
And millions of people of Mexican heritage are U.S citizens including nine million born in Mexico, your point?

Quote:
It's totally disgusting that any American would salivate over the illegal invasion of our country just to make the rich richer and to transform our demographics in that unlawful and unnatural manner!
But it was OK to subject the Native Americans to that indignity though, have you ever heard of the saying 'what goes around comes around'? Well, you're experiencing it now.

Old 05-16-2024, 06:20 AM

Once again, my ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's. Oh I see, every white person that ever lived is guilty by race/skin color no matter who their ancestors were or that they took land from no one??????????? WTH!

If a Mexican comes here legally and becomes a naturalized citizen of this country that's not the same thing as coming here illegally. How stupid can one get? There is no problem with foreigners coming here legally and becoming naturalized citizens as they did everything right within our immigration laws. They are not Mexicans anymore they are Americans and that goes for every other foreigner who becomes a citizen of our country they are no longer German, Italian, etc. they are Americans! Someone needs to learn the difference between race and nationality they are two different things!

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-16-2024 at 06:28 AM..

Old 05-16-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You are the descendants of implants - you have no moral right to tell anyone else not to come because they don't subscribe to your cultural mores.
No one should have the right to come and then shake the tin cup for benefits. If they fall on hard times after being here a while, fine. But not right after jumping the border.

Old 05-16-2024, 12:29 PM

Quote:
No one should have the right to come and then shake the tin cup for benefits. If they fall on hard times after being here a while, fine. But not right after jumping the border.
They should get nothing for jumping our border but a swift kick back over the border.

Now it's taking the moral high ground to honor our obligation to respect our immigration laws? It's our government telling these illegals they can't come based on our immigration laws! I guess when you can't fight the government the next move is to attack it's citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration