Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 04:31 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times

Advertisements

Anybody know the status? It's hard to tell if construction has started or not, with the stadium and apartments construction being so active. And the new road is closed to thru traffic now so it's hard to drive back (that's the idea ... traffic must have been interfering, not to mention the danger of flat tires) to be able to see anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 11:19 AM

764 posts, read 1,107,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Anybody know the status? It's hard to tell if construction has started or not, with the stadium and apartments construction being so active. And the new road is closed to thru traffic now so it's hard to drive back (that's the idea ... traffic must have been interfering, not to mention the danger of flat tires) to be able to see anything.

Yes, technically, the road is closed. However, you can drive on it on weekends without a whole lot of risk of getting in trouble. You can see where construction has started on the townhomes and two single family homes in the area called "The Heights" which is on your left. The two houses are being built furthest in on the back street as it goes up the hill. They have no backyard (about two ft.) and back up to the fence of houses in Heritage Woods in Edgewater. In addition to Breland Homes (It was a given they would be building), Stone Martin Builders and Regent Homes are also building. I would expect that Regent Homes will build the townhomes as they are building a good number of them in Providence, now. All of the street names in The Heights are of streets in New Orleans - Iberville, Bienville, St. Louis and Poydras, so one has to wonder if they will have New Orleans architecture.

It doesn't appear that construction has started on Margaritaville - I would expect a press announcement of a groundbreaking. Also, no construction has started on any of the restaurants which are to face Zierdt Rd. - these include Starbucks, Taco Bell and others. I am expecting Chipotle and Hollywood Feed to move to Town Madison from their present location next to Earth Fare. There is a "For Lease" sign in front of that shopping center which says two spaces that can be combined are available. Chipotle, while it does well at lunch, is not crowded at night. With al of the homes along Zierdt down to Triana, as well as the residential areas north, plus the interchange (being built now) with I-565, I would expect Chipotle to have a lot more business than they do now.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:38 PM

410 posts, read 695,692 times
https://www.al.com/news/2019/09/no-m...n-madison.html

Old 09-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
Yes, technically, the road is closed. However, you can drive on it on weekends without a whole lot of risk of getting in trouble. You can see where construction has started on the townhomes and two single family homes in the area called "The Heights" which is on your left. The two houses are being built furthest in on the back street as it goes up the hill. They have no backyard (about two ft.) and back up to the fence of houses in Heritage Woods in Edgewater. In addition to Breland Homes (It was a given they would be building), Stone Martin Builders and Regent Homes are also building. I would expect that Regent Homes will build the townhomes as they are building a good number of them in Providence, now. All of the street names in The Heights are of streets in New Orleans - Iberville, Bienville, St. Louis and Poydras, so one has to wonder if they will have New Orleans architecture.

It doesn't appear that construction has started on Margaritaville - I would expect a press announcement of a groundbreaking. Also, no construction has started on any of the restaurants which are to face Zierdt Rd. - these include Starbucks, Taco Bell and others. I am expecting Chipotle and Hollywood Feed to move to Town Madison from their present location next to Earth Fare. There is a "For Lease" sign in front of that shopping center which says two spaces that can be combined are available. Chipotle, while it does well at lunch, is not crowded at night. With al of the homes along Zierdt down to Triana, as well as the residential areas north, plus the interchange (being built now) with I-565, I would expect Chipotle to have a lot more business than they do now.
Thanks, that's good information. I live in Heritage Woods, and was surprised one day to be driving on Heritage Drive and seeing heavy dirt-moving equipment, basically right next to someone's back yard. You never get the feeling that some of the Town Madison development is that close. Just a guess, but the new stadium has to be less than a mile from my house.

When you drive the "new" road, on top of the hill, there are some really nice views to the northeast. Those lots probably cost a pretty penny.

I might take a drive through there this weekend if they're not working. Might be paving since just moments ago they were paving part of the Madison Blvd intersection. It's coming together, slowly but surely.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Thanks for the link. Somehow I missed that article. Sounds good, but there's still a little wiggle room to back out, but all in all it sounds positive. The stadium, hotel, etc. are really going to be attractive.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:24 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,574,422 times
Has there ever been an announced project in Huntsville that has started or been finished on the grand announcement schedule?
Maybe a few but not many.
The all time winner is Constellation which came in a close second to the End of Time.
Speaking of Constellation, construction equipment has shown up back on site.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Has there ever been an announced project in Huntsville that has started or been finished on the grand announcement schedule?
Maybe a few but not many.
The all time winner is Constellation which came in a close second to the End of Time.
Speaking of Constellation, construction equipment has shown up back on site.
The dirt they moved around last time (was that a year or two ago?) has probably turned into a brick now, given the red clay and now the hot temps we've had this summer.

Any word on what will be built across from the VBC on Clinton at the old Coca Cola site? Haven't really heard anything after the original announcement some months ago. Of course, I haven't been downtown in a couple of months so there may be signs all over the place.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:02 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,574,422 times
The coke site is progressing and word is will be very impressive and unique.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:19 PM

764 posts, read 1,107,967 times
A few Items:
1. A guy who attended an update meeting at the Edgewater Clubhouse on September 17th posted on the Next Door neighbor website that he asked the officials from Town Madison and he got a terse and noncommittal response. he also said that there is no mention of the Town Madison location on the Margaritaville website. I always questioned whether or not it would be a good fit for the Huntsville market. Granted the hotels here do very well and have a high occupancy rate during the week with business travelers as their guests. However, Margaritaville Hotels cater to leisure travelers and other than The Space and Rocket Center, there aren't a lot of draws for leisure travelers and TM is too far from I-65 to attract those on the highway headed to the Gulf Coast. The Margaritaville Hotels is still listed on the TM website.

2. In The Heights section of TM, Stone Martin builders is now showing the floor plans they will build on their website. The plans are in the 2,700 to 2,800 sq. ft. range and the prices are from the $400k's. With the Madison City Schools and quick access to I-565 (with the interchange that Breland is building), these homes should sell well.

3. Regent homes also now has the homes they plan to build in The Heights neighborhood of TM on their website. They plan to build both single family homes and townhomes with prices from $350K for townhomes up to about $450K for the single family homes.

Last edited by David1502; 09-27-2019 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 06:58 PM

162 posts, read 179,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
A few Items:
1. A guy who attended an update meeting at the Edgewater Clubhouse on September 17th posted on the Next Door neighbor website that he asked the officials from Town Madison and he got a terse and noncommittal response. he also said that there is no mention of the Town Madison location on the Margaritaville website. I always questioned whether or not it would be a good fit for the Huntsville market. Granted the hotels here do very well and have a high occupancy rate during the week with business travelers as their guests. However, Margaritaville Hotels cater to leisure travelers and other than The Space and Rocket Center, there aren't a lot of draws for leisure travelers and TM is too far from I-65 to attract those on the highway headed to the Gulf Coast. The Margaritaville Hotels is still listed on the TM website.

I believe the hotel would work. There's lots of visitors to this area and many would stay at that hotel if it were an option. The area is only going to grow, plus all of the new businesses will bring in even more visitors to the area. That place would keep a steady flow of guests. Now whether they choose to go through with it is another question.....There's a lot of hotels being built right now in the area. I feel like Margaritaville would be the hotel of choice for visiting teams playing the Trash Pandas. If that sportplex type development gets done near Hexagon/Intergraph then I also see it as a hotel of choice for those teams visiting the area for tournaments as well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area