Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 PM

530 posts, read 589,318 times

Advertisements

Tanyard Station has just turned into quite a debacle and the newest renditions of the development are not too exciting. Although, I'm not convinced (based on many previous renditions) that this is the final site plan. I'm actually hearing that The Crossing is likely going to be the much more exciting of the two developments with names like Bass Pro, Boston Market, and Bonefish Grill, and an outlet mall being mentioned as probable tenants. It's a possibility that Bass Pro jumped ship from Tanyard Station as the development became much more uncertain and possibly is signing in with The Crossing. We know far less about The Crossing than Tanyard Station and I have no idea where all of the land is for the development since apparently 60 acres has been proposed and it does not seem as if there is that much land available there. Who knows at this point? None of these developers know how to communicate and our local media does a dreadful job investigating, so we will likely just be in the dark until dirt starts moving somewhere, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 01:55 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,226,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
Tanyard Station has just turned into quite a debacle and the newest renditions of the development are not too exciting. Although, I'm not convinced (based on many previous renditions) that this is the final site plan. I'm actually hearing that The Crossing is likely going to be the much more exciting of the two developments with names like Bass Pro, Boston Market, and Bonefish Grill, and an outlet mall being mentioned as probable tenants. It's a possibility that Bass Pro jumped ship from Tanyard Station as the development became much more uncertain and possibly is signing in with The Crossing. We know far less about The Crossing than Tanyard Station and I have no idea where all of the land is for the development since apparently 60 acres has been proposed and it does not seem as if there is that much land available there. Who knows at this point? None of these developers know how to communicate and our local media does a dreadful job investigating, so we will likely just be in the dark until dirt starts moving somewhere, unfortunately.
Is the Crossing a TIF district? Reason I ask is it is going to be hard to scrape together over 40 million dollars to give to Bass Pro shop (which is the minimum they request to locate to a location), its a lot more likely that a Sportsman's Warehouse locate there (as previously mentioned). Also not to rain on anyone's parade but I emailed last month with the company that owns both Macaroni Grill and Bone Fish Grill, and she (the person in charge of finding markets) said there is absolutely no plans to locate any store in WV currently. I'd love for that to change though.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:25 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,706 times
Quote:
I haven't heard about The Crossing. Have any site plans or other news been released about that project?

Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM

No site plans available for The Crossing. I've emailed them multiple times and they are good about responding. Apparently they have applied w/ DOH for construction of a new entrance to the property and were in the process of dividing up parcels, etc. I hope they go public soon and reveal some information. I have spoken to an individual familiar with and involved with the project who revealed the information I stated earlier. I'm hoping it's true. Regardless, both projects have been terrible at getting info out to the public. I'm astounded at how terrible IRA/Interstate Realty has been; I thought they ran a more reputable business than what they have demonstrated.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
No site plans available for The Crossing. I've emailed them multiple times and they are good about responding. Apparently they have applied w/ DOH for construction of a new entrance to the property and were in the process of dividing up parcels, etc. I hope they go public soon and reveal some information. I have spoken to an individual familiar with and involved with the project who revealed the information I stated earlier. I'm hoping it's true. Regardless, both projects have been terrible at getting info out to the public. I'm astounded at how terrible IRA/Interstate Realty has been; I thought they ran a more reputable business than what they have demonstrated.
Is The Crossing also being developed by Interstate Realty?

Old 09-14-2016, 05:38 PM

Interstate Realty was also responsible for developing "The Falls" in Bristol, VA. However, a rival developer poached many tenants that Interstate was courting for a project further South called "The Pinnacle" (which is a remarkably successful project). That left The Falls without a lot of the major tenants they were hoping to sign leases with. Lowe's and Cabela's were retained as anchors, but there is still quite a bit of undeveloped anchor space. A few of the restaurants planning to locate on the outlots bailed as well.

If Interstate Realty isn't successful with Tanyard Station, it certainly won't be the first project with which they've had issues.

The Falls Bristol VA | Development With Regional Impact

Old 09-14-2016, 06:10 PM

The Crossing is not affiliated w/ Interstate Realty; I believe it is a project in conjunction w/ Old Colony Realty. Tanyard Station is, however. I completely agree; they don't seem to run super successful developments. Look at the Merritt Creek Farm Shopping Plaza; while it has been successful, there are several vacant spaces that have been empty for some time and a piece of land that continues to be undeveloped. They also have a shopping center/development in Morgantown; I am unsure to its success.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:18 PM

456 posts, read 602,265 times
they are also signed on for the new development in Morgantown across from University Town Center. its called Westview and from how they are handling Tanyard I don't hold much hope for it. They seem to drag their feet and let other developments take their prime tenants. If something doesn't happen quickly in November thus development may as well be dead. I have contacted interstate three times as well as the local television stations and newspaper and have yet to be contacted back by any of them.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:49 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Interatate Realty recently announced plans to build a new shopping center in charleston as well called Little Creek Village. It's along corridor G, across from Southridge Center. They also purchased the Shops at Kanawha in Kanawha City. They seem to be dipping their hands in an awful lot of projects for not being that large of a company.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:33 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,465 times
The fairly new Trader Joe's in Lexington KY is a stand alone building.

Given the price tag to attract a Bass Pro Shops, I doubt we see one at The Crossing. Not that it's a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington