Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 08:02 AM

87 posts, read 43,311 times

Advertisements

Anyone know about putting imidacloprid in a fogging machine with a gas motor and spraying the perimeter of the house? How is the effectiveness of this insecticide as a broad-based application vs bifenthrin or cypermethrin?

Heard it's a very old insecticide and used for many years but it's not a name that you hear often in insecticide products that you buy from home depot/lowes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 03:53 PM

10,392 posts, read 6,963,408 times
Great for killing bees.

Banned in 2018 in Europe.

Back to killing honey bees... Think about this for a quick moment, then come back to your thread.

Old 05-12-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Great for killing bees.

Banned in 2018 in Europe.

Back to killing honey bees... Think about this for a quick moment, then come back to your thread.

There's no flowering plants anywhere on the property and there's no neighbors either. There's been some issues with carpenter bees damaging the old wood as well. Sure, carpenter beers are pollinators but they do so much damage as well. Goal is to kill as many insects as possible around this property.

Old 05-12-2024, 09:18 AM

37,736 posts, read 46,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniakea2MASS View Post
Anyone know about putting imidacloprid in a fogging machine with a gas motor and spraying the perimeter of the house? How is the effectiveness of this insecticide as a broad-based application vs bifenthrin or cypermethrin?

Heard it's a very old insecticide and used for many years but it's not a name that you hear often in insecticide products that you buy from home depot/lowes, etc.
Imidacloprid is the active ingredient in the Tree and Shrub control pesticide that I use annually on my crape myrtles, for aphids. It does a great job. Not sure why you would need to fog though. Why not just spray?
I spray Talstar around the perimeter of my house every few months. My garage too. Does a great job. It's safe for inside as well if you need it.

As far as carpenter bees, I use traps. They can destroy a fence pretty quickly!

Old 05-12-2024, 11:08 AM

24,776 posts, read 11,140,961 times
Quote:
There's no flowering plants anywhere on the property and there's no neighbors either. There's been some issues with carpenter bees damaging the old wood as well. Sure, carpenter beers are pollinators but they do so much damage as well. Goal is to kill as many insects as possible around this property.
You reside in the Dessert Gobi?

Old 05-12-2024, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You reside in the Dessert Gobi?
You mean desert?

Old 05-12-2024, 06:00 PM

24,776 posts, read 11,140,961 times
Quote:
You mean desert?
No, dessert is the smaller scale of nothing.

Old 05-13-2024, 04:33 AM

11,304 posts, read 19,667,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Imidacloprid is the active ingredient in the Tree and Shrub control pesticide that I use annually on my crape myrtles, for aphids. It does a great job. Not sure why you would need to fog though. Why not just spray?
I spray Talstar around the perimeter of my house every few months. My garage too. Does a great job. It's safe for inside as well if you need it.

As far as carpenter bees, I use traps. They can destroy a fence pretty quickly!

I find it's the woodpeckers going after the carpenter bees in their nests in the wood that does the most damage.

Vinegar keeps the carpenter bees away from your bare wood structures, they don't like the smell. Start spraying before they set up for the season, they go elsewhere.

Old 05-15-2024, 11:27 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,804,405 times
I had Mosquito Joe come out and they have an option to add imidocloprid into the same mixing tank as the Bifen when they come to spray for mosquitos. So the pest control tech had both Bifen and imidocloprid in the tank. It works VERY well for gnats, ticks, crane flies or pretty much any other insect out there. Prolly used around the world because it takes care of a ton of stuff.

I know this because I asked what names of the chemicals to the guy on the phone. Not sure what other companies can spray imidocloprid for you.

Old 05-17-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
No, dessert is the smaller scale of nothing.

I believe you're wrong. You might also want to make sure where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House