Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 07:18 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I got tired of cleaning mini blinds and decided to use decorative window film on some smaller windows. My apartment is 100 years old and the smaller, multipane windows look great with etched glass window film. Some people assume that's what it is and exclaim old buildings have great architectural features.

The windows face a walkway and driveway so there is no privacy and no view so the film lets in light but I have privacy. Easy to apply if you buy the static cling type so no adhesive is used.

This company is a bit more expensive than big box stores or amazon but has more variety and they rate the privacy factor.

https://www.decorativefilm.com/

These are their cut glass options
https://www.decorativefilm.com/cut-glass-9387

The film is also an option for glass shower doors if you are sick of cleaning the spots all the time.
I love these! So pretty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 02:02 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I never understood white or gray walls (and ceilings!). Never had them, never will.
I am glad things are moving towards color... but those examples are really out there!
In India they view white as the color of death! In a wedding everyone is decked out in Red!

I've had walls where each wall was a different color. Certain colors can be therapeutic!

Old 03-07-2024, 09:47 AM

104 posts, read 129,700 times
Flat white paint is awful. Heavily texture paint isn't great either.

But clay paints such as Bioshield is delightful, has depth and changes with lighting, sun, etc.

It's subtle yet adds interest. Great for displaying art works.

Old 03-07-2024, 10:25 AM

7,074 posts, read 4,514,055 times
I always paint an off white and then have accent walls for color. For years my accent walls in the main living areas was green and in my bedroom and master bathroom were maroon. When I bought my small condo I wanted an entirely new look and needed to go lighter because it was a much smaller space. So my accent walls in my main living areas are a light bluish gray and it’s beautiful. In my bedroom it’s pink. I get compliments all the time and a few people have asked for the color.

I also bought new living room furniture to go with the new colors except I kept my antique buffet and use it in the living room to hold the tv. My dining room was too small for it. I kept my very favorite antiques. I don’t like blinds but love curtains.

On my enclosed balcony I left the windows empty because I have a beautiful view of the courtyard and being on the third floor you can’t see in but I can see out perfectly. The windows are floor to ceiling and slightly tinted. People need to make their homes their sanctuary and have what pleases them.

Old 03-09-2024, 04:17 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I always paint an off white and then have accent walls for color. For years my accent walls in the main living areas was green and in my bedroom and master bathroom were maroon. When I bought my small condo I wanted an entirely new look and needed to go lighter because it was a much smaller space. So my accent walls in my main living areas are a light bluish gray and it’s beautiful. In my bedroom it’s pink. I get compliments all the time and a few people have asked for the color.

I also bought new living room furniture to go with the new colors except I kept my antique buffet and use it in the living room to hold the tv. My dining room was too small for it. I kept my very favorite antiques. I don’t like blinds but love curtains.

On my enclosed balcony I left the windows empty because I have a beautiful view of the courtyard and being on the third floor you can’t see in but I can see out perfectly. The windows are floor to ceiling and slightly tinted. People need to make their homes their sanctuary and have what pleases them.
That color scheme in your condo sounds really pretty. I would love to know what paint colors you are using in your rooms. What is your go to off white?

Old 03-09-2024, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
That color scheme in your condo sounds really pretty. I would love to know what paint colors you are using in your rooms. What is your go to off white?
It’s Kelly Moore paint. The white is called Bumble Baby and the gray is called Mischief Mouse. It says on the label that custom colors are not returnable.

Old 03-10-2024, 11:11 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
It’s Kelly Moore paint. The white is called Bumble Baby and the gray is called Mischief Mouse. It says on the label that custom colors are not returnable.
Thank you! I love the names of those paints! I think that places like Home Depot and Lowes can match the colors from designer paint brands.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Thank you! I love the names of those paints! I think that places like Home Depot and Lowes can match the colors from designer paint brands.
Kelly Moore is really good paint and all I have used the past 20 years. Of course it depends if you have any stores near you. The names are funny ).

Old 03-14-2024, 08:30 PM

1,196 posts, read 528,803 times
Quote:
And now they're out of business.

I just went down there a few weeks ago to get touch-up paint for all of the colors I've used in my house. One week later they went kaput. No more. I was so pleased with my timing because I just randomly decided to go one day - actually argued with myself and decided to make the trip (just a couple of miles, but traffic).

Old 03-14-2024, 08:41 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Sage green might tie all of that together. Get some paint samples and paint some poster boards and see how they look in the kitchen--there's no substitute for doing this.
I think this is a suggestion that could work! Thank you. Do you have any favorite sage greens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating