Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times

Advertisements

I couldn't find a board game forum here, so thought I would try this one.

I have been playing Hearts online but I don't seem to be very good at it. I can manage to avoid taking points a lot of the time, but I've never been able to shoot the moon. I see other people do it all the time but for some reason my brain just always tells me I can't do it. I don't seem to understand what the requirements are for it.

If you like playing hearts and have any suggestions for me so I can get better, please do share. This is where I play - https://cardgames.io/hearts/ - they have a ton of other games there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:30 AM

979 posts, read 537,988 times
I played hearts all the time as a kid, but I haven't in a very long time. I think it takes practice, and maybe you should find 3 people to play face to face with using actual cards to get a handle on how the game works.

Old Today, 10:23 AM

6,355 posts, read 7,763,619 times
Except for paydays when most of my shipmates played poker, they usually played Spades. Except for the smarter ones among us who played Hearts. I loved that game, but haven't really played since leaving the Navy. Have tried using electronic versions, but I just can't seem to do as well. Zero tolerance for error with electronic versions.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old Today, 02:07 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,541,852 times
Thanks Volosong and DesertRat. I have been practicing a lot on that site I mentioned. You can play against the computer, or against three real people. I usually play against the real people and some of them are very good. Something funny is that right after I made this thread yesterday, I went to play another round and for the first time, I was able to shoot the moon! I was so happy. It gave me a boost of motivation to keep working at getting better.

Old Today, 05:01 PM

2,021 posts, read 1,312,628 times
A played a good bit of Hearts when I was in college.
The best strat is to have one or two friends who with you gang up on someone who doesn't know this is happening. If you're careful and not too obvious, the mark will never catch on.
Be sure to rotate among a set of victims.

Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm still bitter about that? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation