Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 07:23 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Politicians evolve because of popular pressure......
What you call "evolving" others call "pandering for votes" and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 07:28 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
I wonder how many liberals will be triggered by this.
It only took five posts, lol.

No matter what state forum that has a Chick Fil A thread, a few will come out with righteous indignation and subsequently get buried by fans of their food.

My wife and I had their sandwich when we were down in TN last week and they were DEEEElicious.

I live in NJ and the nearest one is too far to drive to just for that.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:01 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
I wonder how many liberals will be triggered by this.
Well that's a pretty dumb statement. why would liberals be triggered by this? I'm liberal and if you want to eat so-so fried chicken, be my guest. It's fast food. luckily I live in Philly where we have an abundance of southern and soul food joints so the only time I think of eating chick fil a is if I'm stuck in a mall.

but absolutely have no problems with anyone of any stripes or political bent eating there.

anyhoo, I've got a trip planned for Hawaii and don't plan on flying spending 16 hours flight time to eat somewhere that's in my local mall.

Again though, have absolutely no problem with others eating there.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:48 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
"I ask these same people if they still support Obama, who was on record as late as 2012 as still opposing same sex marriage?"

Or the Clintons, who were vehemently against same sex marriage, with Bill signing the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. There's the "pandering for votes" thing again. Ideals don't matter, only dollars and votes do. I saw Bill on an interview praising the overthrow of DOMA and all I could think of was, YOU SUPPORTED THE BILL! YOU SIGNED IT!

Old 08-18-2018, 07:43 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No, S. Truett Cathy was not Chick fil a. He was the owner of Chick fil a and is allowed to have views independent of the corporation.

Its interesting that folks have to go back to 2010-2012 to find examples they think proves their case. I ask these same people if they still support Obama, who was on record as late as 2012 as still opposing same sex marriage?

I think that Chick fil a will do wonderfully in Hawaii and am glad that the company decided to expand here.
Yes, he's Mr. Chick-fil-A. He is allowed to have views independent of the corporation. Some people choose to not eat his chicken because they don't like his views. That's up to them.

I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't open a location, or locations, in Hawai'i. A lot of people like their food.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Well that's a pretty dumb statement. why would liberals be triggered by this? I'm liberal and if you want to eat so-so fried chicken, be my guest. It's fast food. luckily I live in Philly where we have an abundance of southern and soul food joints so the only time I think of eating chick fil a is if I'm stuck in a mall.

but absolutely have no problems with anyone of any stripes or political bent eating there.

anyhoo, I've got a trip planned for Hawaii and don't plan on flying spending 16 hours flight time to eat somewhere that's in my local mall.

Again though, have absolutely no problem with others eating there.
Their grilled chicken sandwich is quite good. Just saying.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:46 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:

16 hours? You must have some awful layovers. Get a shorter flight and you’ll have time for Chick fil a

Old 08-21-2018, 05:41 PM

451 posts, read 411,637 times
Quote:
.................anyhoo, I've got a trip planned for Hawaii and don't plan on flying spending 16 hours flight time to eat somewhere that's in my local mall.......

Good Attitude! If chicken is something you enjoy, here in Hawai'i we have a plethora of chicken recipes prepared and cooked in ways that you might have yet to experience. Honestly, CAF will likely be just
another addition to that pile. Bon Appetit!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:13 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
CAF
Why do you call it CAF? You referred to it that way in a couple of posts now - is that how they refer to it on the mainland? I've not ever heard it referred that way before.....

Old 08-21-2018, 08:47 PM

451 posts, read 411,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Why do you call it CAF? You referred to it that way in a couple of posts now - is that how they refer to it on the mainland? I've not ever heard it referred that way before.....

CAF? Shorthand for Chick-A-Fil. Just too lazy to tap it out on the computer keyboard. I don't know if anyone on the mainland refers to it as CAF, and to be honest, I no longer know many people on the mainland who I could bother to ask. I've never seen or stepped inside a CAF store. I actually had to go to their website to find out what the heck they offer. Regardless, it seems pretty popular in various parts of the mainland, and as I previously stated, I am curious if CAF management and its Hawai'i franchisee will site the store somewhere near the military basis and/or offer Hawaiiana menu ala McD's....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii