Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 02:18 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,145,915 times

Advertisements

For years, I used Tresemme's 24-Hour Body Amplifying Mousse (black can with a pink lid & gold and pink writing). Sadly, it appears it's no longer available. I've been using Tresemme's Extra Hold mousse for a while now, giving it an honest try, but it's a bit too "extra hold" for my hair.

I have fine, mostly straight, color-treated hair, and I need the lift (volume) without added weight. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm hoping to find a replacement for my old favorite without having to try a whole slew of them, and ideally, one I can order on Amazon without breaking the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2023, 02:51 PM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
I like all of Aussie's products, especially Instant Volume.

Also got2b Volumaniac.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:10 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
This one?

Old 10-19-2023, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This one?

Yeah, I've gone on Amazon and eBay and snapped up loads of stuff that I could no longer find in stores, like a certain shade of Victoria's Secret lipstick, and the tinted lip moisturizer from Blistex.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:09 AM

422 posts, read 265,189 times
I have started using Living Proof products and like everything I’ve tried!

I bought a bunch of their stuff a month ago, but I haven’t tried the volumizing mousse from them yet.. I’ve been using their volumizing spray (for dry hair) for a year or two.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:13 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,145,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This one?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Yeah, I've gone on Amazon and eBay and snapped up loads of stuff that I could no longer find in stores...
Yeah, I think you can find a "used" one on eBay.

Old 10-19-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Yeah, I think you can find a "used" one on eBay.

I've never bought anything used. They usually come in bulk, like the photo elnina showed you.

Old 10-19-2023, 07:55 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
There's a brand of hair products from Canada...... Tweakd by Nature. They most likely have a decent mousse.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:16 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
I've been wondering about texturizers and reading some about them lately. Living Proof is mentioned frequently. Is there a difference between texturizers and volumizers?

Another question - if a product lasts for twenty-four hours does that mean you have to add more the next day? How long does that go on?

Or do you have to wash your hair every day to avoid build-up?

At the advice of my sylist I use very little product in my hair anymore and have found it looks healthier. Also avoid frequent washings and my hair has adjusted accordingly.

But since I had my long hair cut I wear it in beachy waves which I achieve by twisting it at the base of my neck and clipping it up overnight. This method isn't very effective until about day three after washing. There just isn't enough grip.

I enjoy Tressemme products also for an inexpensive price.

When I want to know the best products I google Best (Product) of 2023 and read through several articles. Some will describe, such as

Most economical
Longest lasting
Easiest to use

and will also direct you to the seller's page so you can compare prices.

Old 10-20-2023, 08:42 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
For "average" hair (wavy to straight, medium thick) Tressemme is the way to go budget wise. IIRC that's why Wal Mart stocks their items.

As much as ordering off of Amazon can be a gamble, more niche products for people with specific hair can be found there. Items like pomades and volumizers.

A lot of independent hair salons can give you better advice as to which products are right for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care