Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2024, 07:26 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times

Advertisements

One of my best friends passed away last week (kidney cancer). We practically grew up together as our friendship was for over 40 years.
Another great friend of ours (we used to hang out together) died tragically several years ago (accident on the highway). Anyway, I spoke at my late buddy's funeral today and when I reminisced of the things we did together, I started to lose it. The last thing I said - and I barely got the words out - was, "You and (other buddy) hold a seat for me up there for when my time comes." That it had been the three of us way back when, it hit me that I'm now the "sole survivor" of the trio. I felt the tears as I spoke, and by the time I was finished, I wasn't "sobbing" per se, but yes, the tears were falling freely....

And now tonight, I sit here, feeling like crying yet again! I don't cry easily, but just feeling a void now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM

382 posts, read 364,834 times
That's a huge loss. Feeling and expressing emotions is part of grieving and it is healthy to do so. Be sure to reach out to family and friends for support. Grieving can certainly come in waves.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:46 AM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
So sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:48 AM

11 posts, read 2,519 times
So sorry for your loss.

Old 03-21-2024, 12:04 PM

734 posts, read 482,656 times
Dear Rick,

You have to feel it all - every single drop - to heal from grief. Yes, the feelings are unbearable, but they must be felt in their rawest form; otherwise, you will never begin to heal. When waves of terrible grief wash over you, feel it - don't run from them, but let the waves take you deep under the water.

I give you compassion and my sincerest wish for you to heal.

Peace.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:08 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quite normal how your feeling and it will get better.. early days yet and quite raw.... keep in there..x

Old 03-24-2024, 01:02 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
One of my best friends passed away last week (kidney cancer). We practically grew up together as our friendship was for over 40 years.
Another great friend of ours (we used to hang out together) died tragically several years ago (accident on the highway). Anyway, I spoke at my late buddy's funeral today and when I reminisced of the things we did together, I started to lose it. The last thing I said - and I barely got the words out - was, "You and (other buddy) hold a seat for me up there for when my time comes." That it had been the three of us way back when, it hit me that I'm now the "sole survivor" of the trio. I felt the tears as I spoke, and by the time I was finished, I wasn't "sobbing" per se, but yes, the tears were falling freely....

And now tonight, I sit here, feeling like crying yet again! I don't cry easily, but just feeling a void now.
This is a natural response and will take some time to heal. Hopefully you have a good support system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning