Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 05:23 AM

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
A large majority of the groceries we buy are sealed in some sort of plastic, yet people are against using plastic bags to put those groceries in?
Agree, and fast food/delivery waste is mind-boggling! As usual, there's not much logic applied to "green" policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 06:16 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Agree, and fast food/delivery waste is mind-boggling! As usual, there's not much logic applied to "green" policies.
There really is very little logic if you look at the big picture. There is definitely plenty that could be done but it would require drastic changes that the world leaders would have to impose and that simply wont happen. For now, they just focus on small things to appear as though they care when in reality, many of these actions do nothing to help the environment and/or create new environmental hazards by doing so; its all perception. Im all for the environment, but some of these ideologies dont make any sense to me.

Old 12-20-2023, 12:37 PM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
I don't think there is anything wrong with reducing plastic waste, even if you don't at the same time eliminate everything. If you reduce a problem by 5%, then that's 5% less of a problem than you had before. You can always do more later.

Old 12-20-2023, 06:47 PM

24,470 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
They are banned or collected in many other countries. In some US states too...
Please name a US state where you cannot buy bottled water.

Old 12-20-2023, 07:45 PM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
We have been using LL Bean canvas bags with long handles forever. The medium size is the equivalent to a brown paper grocery bag, the long handle slides over a shoulder when pushing the bag off the tailgate. Instructions say do not machine wash but they do just fine:>)
I bought such bags at Amazon. First 5 I just replaced. They last forever, strong, washable. Etc..When we got to our other house we use them to bring stuff that doesn’t need the cooler.
Our stores do not give paper or plastic..except for produce. They do use one…free. For the meat etc. as they can leak.
I do buy kitchen trash liners as can is bigger. Smaller plastic I can use to discard puppy pee pads. Don’t bother to line bathrooms can. Pretty much only use them for paper, shampoo bottles, etc. rinse them out if goopy.

I rarely buy water in bottles..hate them,,mostly use our portable ones for car trips etc

We are very organized
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living