Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 04:50 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,627 times

Advertisements

I was walking on a wooded trail with one of my grandchildren the other day---I have 9 from 12 months old to 10 years old and hope I don't become a CD bore with my personal stories, now that I've discovered this lovely thread.

So back to the little grandson who is a new 3 and our hike in the woods. He dropped one of those mini-juice boxes and kept walking. I stopped him and said, "Oh, Sweet-Pea, we don't leave our trash and litter because it hurts the Earth." He stooped over, collected it and placed it in his midget backpack, paused, looked around and then up at me and asked: "Mia, does litter-trash hurt the Earth's feelings or its lifetime?"

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-06-2022 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: grammar & punctuation correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 01:36 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,627 times
More than 2 years ago, one of my granddaughters--- who was 5 at the time-- made a passing remark as she walked through the family room where my daughter was watching a news program about the presidential debate. She said, "oh there are the plastic people." It took a few moments for the remark to register on my daughter, and she went after, Lily, to find out what was going on.

Apparently, my grand- daughter had seen the Trump family ( Melania, Ivanka, Tiffany, Jared and the rest ) parade or stand around together at other times, and she thought they looked like her Barbie Doll figures who-- previously unbeknownst to my daughter--- she called her "plastic people". So, when she saw the Trump entourage, on a rerun of their regal march into the debate auditorium, she said, "Oh, there are The Plastic People."

Out of the mouths of babes.

Old 12-07-2022, 07:45 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
More than 2 years ago, one of my granddaughters--- who was 5 at the time-- made a passing remark as she walked through the family room where my daughter was watching a news program about the presidential debate. She said, "oh there are the plastic people." It took a few moments for the remark to register on my daughter, and she went after, Lily, to find out what was going on.

Apparently, my grand- daughter had seen the Trump family ( Melania, Ivanka, Tiffany, Jared and the rest ) parade or stand around together at other times, and she thought they looked like her Barbie Doll figures who-- previously unbeknownst to my daughter--- she called her "plastic people". So, when she saw the Trump entourage, on a rerun of their regal march into the debate auditorium, she said, "Oh, there are The Plastic People."

Out of the mouths of babes.
That's cute. Ivanka does look like a Barbie doll! And Melania looks like a special edition Barbie with her gorgeous exotic eyes.

Old 01-15-2023, 05:12 PM

7,004 posts, read 4,811,992 times
Cute story about my co-worker’s son. He turned 5 a couple of weeks ago.
He told his mom, “Mama, I don’t want any toys for my birthday! I want Grown Man Presents!”
She asked him what kind of presents?
He says “I want a gold chain, and shirts, and Corona!” She said, “Corona? What do you mean Corona?”
He says, ”You know, the stuff men spray on themselves to make them smell good!”
Cologne!
He got toys, lol.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:24 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,985 times
Hubby and I took our son, DIL, and 6 year old granddaughter to Disney World this past summer. While scanning our magic bands, the cast member asked my GD if this was her first time at Disney. She says yes, but then says, "Well, technically I was here before, but in my mom's tummy." The cast members around heard that and cracked up.

Old 03-13-2023, 09:13 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,460 times
Our son’s family was talking about what to look for at the large farmer’s market and what was in season. Our granddaughter, age 5, said “donuts are in season!”

Old 07-05-2023, 04:50 PM

Had my son and his kids over for breakfast Sunday morning. The 3 year old granddaughter was in my bedroom with our daughter, the grands’ aunt. Looking through my jewelry.

I have a pair of large dangle stars and stripes earrings, which were out for me to wear for 4th of July. Grandaughter says to her Aunt, “ooo put these on!”

So my daughter puts them on, the 3 year old says, “Oh, no. That’s not cute. Take them off.”

Last edited by june 7th; 07-06-2023 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-06-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Had my son and his kids over for breakfast Sunday morning. The 3 year old granddaughter was in my bedroom with our daughter, the grands’ aunt. Looking through my jewelry.

I have a pair of large dangle stars and stripes earrings, which were out for me to wear for 4th of July. Grandaughter says to her Aunt, “ooo put these on!”

So my daughter puts them on, the 3 year old says, “Oh, no. That’s not cute. Take them off.”
Ok, I realized after it was too late to edit. The grandaughter is 3 not 5. Idk why I put 5, I think my brain picked it up from the previous post.
Story is cuter with these phrases coming out of a 3 year old.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-06-2023 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-07-2023, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Ok, I realized after it was too late to edit. The grandaughter is 3 not 5. Idk why I put 5, I think my brain picked it up from the previous post.
Story is cuter with these phrases coming out of a 3 year old.
I meant that my particular story was cuter, not the previous.

Dang I keep messing up, lol.

Thank you, Mods, for editting for me.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,856 times
My 9-year-old grandson’s Advice for the Day:

Gramma, you need a new car. And a wheelchair. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents