Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 06:10 PM

9,115 posts, read 6,160,628 times

Advertisements

I often wonder how first posters find 11 year old threads to resurrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 12:19 PM

572 posts, read 325,001 times
Personalized engraved crystal gifts are always good gifts for the family and these are not the gifts to put in the box these gifts are usually used or displayed.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:48 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
I am a grandma. Please, no crystal or other display items for me!

The best gift I got this past Christmas was a box with 12 envelopes. Each envelope was labeled with the name of a month. Every month this year we open one envelope which has a memory written down about us grandparents, as related by one of the two grandkids. I place them on my fridge. This has to be one if the best gifts ever I have ever received.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:55 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am a grandma. Please, no crystal or other display items for me!

The best gift I got this past Christmas was a box with 12 envelopes. Each envelope was labeled with the name of a month. Every month this year we open one envelope which has a memory written down about us grandparents, as related by one of the two grandkids. I place them on my fridge. This has to be one if the best gifts ever I have ever received.
What a wonderful gift!

Old 08-13-2021, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
If you want to give her something special, present her a specially created collage of images of your grandmother and your entire family, from your father's youth to the present day. She will appreciate it because it will allow her to revisit those memories. Buy her a new outfit and take her with you to a temple, a relative's house, or a shopping center. Plus, you can prepare a special dinner for her at home or a restaurant, and you can spend quality time with her before going to bed watching her favorite movie.
I believe he has always enjoyed this unexpected day with you.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:31 AM

6,296 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Rhea, honey, don't worry about spending money on Grandma You have given her the greatest gift she could ever hope for..Just let her spend all the time she wants with the babyand let her do as much of his care as she wants..Take yourself a needed rest while Grandma is there to help out..She will love it This would be a good time for you and hubby to have a night out..That is good for you and him, and will show grandma how much you "need her"..If she came by plane, (or drove herself) it would make her happy if you would surprise her with a small giftbag to carry on with a few snacks, a magazine and a letter or card handwritten telling her how much it means to you and the baby that she can spend time with you and help make good memories for the baby as he grows..I guarantee you that a personal letter of love will be more precious than any storebought gift
I can’t tell you how I’d cherish something like this from my dil. Lovely suggestion.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:39 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
You could take her to have her picture taken with the baby too. A little portrait to hang up in her house.
I like this idea, but you can even take it yourself and provide a nice frame so she can show off your baby at her house. Ask her if she’d prefer all 4 of you, or just her and the baby?

Would she enjoy a nice dinner out or would she prefer you left her alone while you and DH go out?

We grandmas don’t want much, just quality time with the children alone. It’s only natural that they will go to their parents first, so it’s better when the parents are gone.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:34 PM

21 posts, read 12,858 times
Making a handmade card pouring words containing your feelings on how much you love her can be a very emotional and touching gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents