Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:47 PM

9,776 posts, read 15,781,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Isn't Beaufort in South Carolina between Savannah and Charleston?
There's a Beaufort in North Carolina, too. Each town also has its own pronunciation. The NC town is BO-FERT and SC is BYUU-FERT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:11 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,921,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
In your dreams you have 'taken over' Florida. LOL!!! I grew up there, am there regularly and have many friends and family there. I know more about Florida than you ever will.

OH okay mr know it all. My aunt and uncle and cousins have lived there since 1968. Have many friends that have and do live there. My brother lives on Sanibel Island and even though more conservative than Ft Lauderdale far more liberal than your beloved South. FL aint' "the south". At least the parts I care about.

Again, too bad u call urself a liberal yet seem delighted to point out that FL is conservative. You sure you are progressive?

Funny how you seem to talk about PA, my home state, like you know everything about it, yet here you are the spokesman for FL. What other states are you an expert on? Just curious.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,921,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
There's a Beaufort in North Carolina, too. Each town also has its own pronunciation. The NC town is BO-FERT and SC is BYUU-FERT.

Been to Beaufort SC like three times in the last two years. It ain't liberal and never will be. Cute town but religious, anti gay and conservative.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 7,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffer670 View Post
Looking for a beach town or a town within an hours drive to a beach, that leans mostly conservative?
I’m in Tennessee and really love the east part of Tennessee but I was trying to see if I could find a town that was near a beach. I own a small business and I need a conservative leaning state and city otherwise my business will go underwater. Also I am a conservative myself and my regular job is a police officer so I don’t want to be near liberal anti-police politicians. Thanks for the replies.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:23 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Been to Beaufort SC like three times in the last two years. It ain't liberal and never will be. Cute town but religious, anti gay and conservative.
I'm curious...how many conservatives do you know in Beaufort SC and how many of them talked to you about gay people. How does that come up in conversation.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:25 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,980 times
Though hardly anyone lives there, aren't the coastal areas of Washington State pretty conservative for the most part? In fact, almost as a general rule, outside the big cities almost all coastal areas seem to be more conservative.

However, like others have already said, the bulk of "conservative" beach towns will be mostly scattered along the Gulf and South Atlantic coasts.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:29 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I'm curious...how many conservatives do you know in Beaufort SC and how many of them talked to you about gay people. How does that come up in conversation.
Most bigots don’t talk about their bigotry, but give them a vote about letting gay people get married or adopt kids and watch what they do.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:31 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,737,980 times
Hasn't really been mentioned, but coastal Delaware and Maryland are pretty darn conservative for the most part.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:40 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
0 and 0.
But with some people, the talking doesn't come out of their mouth, if you know what I mean.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:46 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Most bigots don’t talk about their bigotry, but give them a vote about letting gay people get married or adopt kids and watch what they do.
Ok but keep in mind, gay marriage was voted down on referendum in blue states like California and Mass. So if that stance is bigotry, you should be calling people in those states bigots too. Making the south out as the only area of the country that had anti-gay marriage people is not accurate. Both the Clintons and Obama were anti-gay marriage at one point.

Also many conservatives are ok with gay marriage or just don't care about the issue.

I've lived in the south most of my 40 years and I never heard anybody talking about gay people. I know a lot of conservative /Republicans.

It is funny how every topic like this asking for a list of conservative cities ends up including a lot of assertions about conservatives by liberals. One person even went into detail about a religious college in a beach town even though the OP didn't ask about colleges or say anything about religion. He probably was thinking about something like the level of property taxes.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-11-2018 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.