Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 12:28 PM

9,916 posts, read 6,634,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAmerica_US View Post
I think Austin & Nashville could fair quite well as they mature versus other areas.

Cities building upon lower taxes, lower cost of living (because of sprawl), economic incentives doesn’t seem like a good idea in the longer run. Austin, and somewhat Nashville, seem to be growing in a way that’s meant with their people & citizens in mind as opposed to business chambers, etc. It doesn’t seem resilient.

From what I understand, Oracle will maintain a large presence in Austin. All of these rankings list, the growth numbers, etc etc aren’t always the best things to follow or live and die by. I think this is a big nothing-burger for Austin to be concerned with.I do think it’s good for Nashville and an interesting reason Oracle is interested in it - the same reason Amazon was interested.

It’s nice to see both Austin & Nashville grow.
Yes. They’ll maintain a large Austin presence. But the noteworthy thing here is that Oracle had more Austin employees before the headquarters moved there. They have less today than they did when it was hq’d in California. that and the fact that they weren’t there more than 4 years before announcing another move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.