Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:32 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

We did straw bales for a couple of years, but it turned out that the straw in our area was pre-innoculated with ink cap mushroom spore. We got a huge harvest of ink cap mushrooms, but we have no use for any antabuse. So we stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:53 AM

10,748 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I noticed that Amazon is now offering "grow bags" - containers made of fabric which come in various sizes and which you can put out in your garden plot and plant your flowers and veggies in these containers instead of putting them into the soil of your garden. It sounds like a clever idea, especially for someone like me - I have bad bouts of arthritis and it can be very hard for me to overturn the soil every spring and add my standard soil amendments. Sounds too good to be true to me? Has anyone here tried using grow bags, and if so, what were your results? If you are familiar with this latest gardening technique I'd love to hear from you - the good, the bad, and the ugly! Many thanks to anyone who can reply and share your experiences.
Grow bags will work similarly to other types of containers, with the biggest difference likely to be the watering issue. Grow bags will dry out faster. They will work well if you can be diligent about hand watering, or better yet, use a drip irrigation system with them.

Be careful about the size. 25 gallon bags are huge, and would likely be difficult to impossible for you to move them when full.

Grow bags are very popular with home-grow weed growers. Check out some of the forums that cater to that for more information. Those guys are very serious about their gardening, and they share a lot of great information that is applicable across the spectrum of whatever you want to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden