Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 03:30 PM

629 posts, read 410,577 times

Advertisements

With Ash Brokerage selling to Integrity out of Dallas Tx....What are the plans for the company (and the building it occupies) going forward?

If I recall properly, the local tax payers made significant contributions towards making Skyline Plaza a reality, including the implementation of a significant T.I.F. (tax increment finance district) that will hang around the necks of surrounding property owners, for years to come.

So, does Ash remain in Fort Wayne long enough to make the local commitment(s) pay off? Or do they skedaddle to Texas leaving behind a vacant building to cannibalize the local commercial real estate market?

If they vacate, I'm sure the surrounding businesses will be just thrilled shouldering the incrementally higher property taxes they are paying in exchange for the once promised patronage that was supposed to result from the presence Ash's workforce.

And who ultimately is on the hook for the cost of the building?

"Catalytic and Transformative" indeed, Mr. Henry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 11:48 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
That's a massive building. How much of the building did Ash Brokerage occupy? I noticed Barnes and Thornburg has a major presence in that building also.

Old 05-12-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
That's a massive building. How much of the building did Ash Brokerage occupy? I noticed Barnes and Thornburg has a major presence in that building also.

Can you quantify "major"? So far as I knew there were only token occupancies in addition to Ash inside that building. (restaurant, bank, fitness/bike shop, etc) Admittedly, I have not been inside in a couple years.

I just remember the constant drumming by the Henry administration about how public participation ($$$) was vital to the project's success, and how that would pay dividends to the community. So it seems fairly evident who will get left holding the bag if the bird flies the coop. A lot of taxpayer commitment was leveraged upon success of the project.

Old 05-12-2022, 03:10 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times
The whole premise of this thread is based on the premise that company sold=office is vacated which is not true.

We don't know that Ash Brokerage will vacate the building in downtown Fort Wayne. When SalesForce acquired ExactTarget in Indianapolis, SalesForce maintained a presence in Indianapolis. When CenterPoint Energy acquired Vectren in Evansville, Vectren maintained a presence in Evansville. In both Indianapolis and Evansville, these were large companies occupying prominent spaces in each city's downtown that continued to occupy prominent spaces in each downtown.

We simply don't know what, if anything, will change about Ash Brokerage/Integrity Marketing.

Fort Wayne is a growing city. I don't think the building will just suddenly rot if Ash does vacate.

Old 05-12-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The whole premise of this thread is based on the premise that company sold=office is vacated which is not true.

Fort Wayne is a growing city. I don't think the building will just suddenly rot if Ash does vacate.

You'll notice that I posed it in the form of a question in the very first post.

It's not as though the concept of companies merging or selling and then withdrawing their presence from Ft Wayne is unprecedented. Unfortunately common, I'm afraid.

Considering the hard sell we were hit over the head with to support a public/private partnership in order to bring this project to fruition, I believe the "partners" are in fact entitled to a little illumination. Frankly the silence concerns me most of all.

When this project was trying to find it's wings, I was concerned then over the way the heavy lifting in this partnership was focused upon the public...and a lot (bond retirement, etc) hinged upon the success of the overall business plan. So in a sad way, it's feeling a little bit like the other shoe might be getting ready to fall.

SO, I merely prefer to be well-informed as opposed to surprised later.

Last edited by Always Needmore; 05-12-2022 at 05:00 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 04:52 PM

And, just being frank, I'm a little sour over the 21st century Public/Private partnership business model where the public gets pumped up with a flowery sales spiel...makes their commitment....and then gets shorted by the private end....happens FAR too often...almost an industry all in itself.

So. let Tim Ash come forward and say "YOU FOOL!! Of course we intend to stay!!...and I'd be JUST FINE with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne