Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 07:54 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I came across this video that was recently posted on YouTube claims Ft. Wayne is the cheapest city in the United States to live with a population over 100,000 people.

https://youtu.be/6-jieE2GOyo

Ft Wayne is at 11:11

Hope this might help the OP looking for some convincing reasons to move to Ft. Wayne.

I, sadly, lived in Ft Wayne (thankfully briefly) 20 years ago for a bit. There is very good reason it is so cheap. Maybe it has improved, but it would have to be massive improvements to make that move worthwhile, and if those improvements were made, the COL would reflect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 09:52 AM

89 posts, read 113,474 times
You should go check it out. Deciding on a great place to live is all subjective. I live in So Cal, Everyone says this is the place to be. I hate it! I cant wait to move to Indiana.

Cost of living, traffic, Schools and people is my main reason to leave this place.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:06 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,339,007 times
Just because a place is cheap doesn't make it a good place to live. I doubt this place is cheaper than Toledo or Memphis, especially since they have more housing options.

The one good thing I'll say about FW is the amount of grocery/fast food options for a metro of its size.

For someone in your field and your lifestyle, the West Central neighborhood might be a better fit. This is not a "college town" in the sense you might be thinking; you'd want Bloomington or (West) Lafayette.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:55 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,445,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahp45 View Post
That's correct

It is the only state in the USA were you can live off of social security
I'll second this, per experiences with locals in FW. All at or near retirement age are not concerned about being able to afford a decent or good standard of living in retirement. The % of older locals I've met there adamant about leaving at retirement is much lower than, say, Upstate NY where I'm from. The only real concern people close to retirement age seem to cite is the weather, which when you boil it down Fort Wayne gets a pretty decent weather pattern year-round, all things considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne