Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:49 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator50 View Post
We live in SW Florida and just got back from vacation and house hunting in CO. We really hate the 10 months of heat and very high humidity, so we are seeking a drier climate among many other things.

SW FL is typically for less active people and a lot of old retired people(especially sick and old).
So if you like to run and bike and mountain bike and anything outside, then hot and humid florida is not ideal. Fl is ideal if you are sedentary and like to sit on a beach. Not sure the fun in that, but to each their own. SW FL also typically has the highest dew point on any given day. So again, if you are active, like my family, you are really seeking a less humid place to live. And we would also like to see the seasons change, another thing that does not really happen in SW FL

Our seasons change: we have hurricane season, lovebug season, snowbird season, fire season, summer, more summer, hot as Hades, 2 weeks of autumn, 3 weeks of "winter" spread out over 3 months......

Old 08-03-2019, 08:41 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Our seasons change: we have hurricane season, lovebug season, snowbird season, fire season, summer, more summer, hot as Hades, 2 weeks of autumn, 3 weeks of "winter" spread out over 3 months......
Beats thin air, high snow totals, LONG winters

Old 08-03-2019, 12:46 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
granted I don't live in SWFL I live on the east coast which is a few degrees cooler, has cooler water temps, has a more regular seabreeze . yes in July, Aug, and sept from 10am-5pm it is hot but if you have a pool, if you have AC, if your car has AC if you have a boat, if you live near the beach or a waterpark. there are still ways to enjoy the weather. The rest of the year the weather is fantastice. I couldn't imagine ever moving back to Indiana or Massachusetts or Maryland. In fact I don't even want to visit those places, I make family come down to visit me instead. (I will however own a place in New Hampshire again someday) Not sure if it's because I acclimated but even going to Disney on a summer day is bearable. both my kids had soccer games today and started their seasons end of July.
stay active and enjoy the outdoors.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:21 PM

7 posts, read 6,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I predict you'll be back in Florida after the 2nd Winter. You might want to rent instead.
HA

There is never I day I go running in Florida, that I enjoy this humid weather. Any other pace I visit, the people are significantly more fit and more active.

I live in a large master planned community, and I only see old people walking their little dogs, I am usually the only runner in a neighborhood of over 5000

When I am on vacation and running in Minnesota or Colorado or Massachusetts, or anywhere else, I see more people running outside in 1 hour then I will see in 1 year where I live.

Florida is not for active people.

I hate this swamp

Go sit on your buts on a boat or a beach, I am moving some place with favorable weather to be active

Old 08-04-2019, 12:47 AM

676 posts, read 721,483 times
Quote:
HA

There is never I day I go running in Florida, that I enjoy this humid weather. Any other pace I visit, the people are significantly more fit and more active.

I live in a large master planned community, and I only see old people walking their little dogs, I am usually the only runner in a neighborhood of over 5000

When I am on vacation and running in Minnesota or Colorado or Massachusetts, or anywhere else, I see more people running outside in 1 hour then I will see in 1 year where I live.

I hate this swamp

Go sit on your buts on a boat or a beach, I am moving some place with favorable weather to be active

Don’t let the door hit you in the back!

Old 08-04-2019, 05:18 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Quote:
HA

I hate this swamp

Soon we hope!

Old 08-04-2019, 05:31 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
We live in utah and love it! We come back to SWFL once per year to visit family and I aim to never set foot off Sanibel unless I’m going to/from the airport. I would never contemplate moving back to FL even if somebody offered be a 250% raise to come back.

I’d reccomend heading to a place with a real economy (not completely service based) and to mountains without going to the NE.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida man View Post
Not only is even mid summer very survivable here in Fort Myers, but there are cities far north that get much hotter than Fort Myers in mid summer. The recent Midwest heat wave had cities like Chicago, Des Moines, Indianapolis, and St. Louis baking in daytime highs of up to 110 degrees! Take that for extreme heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Florida man, actual temperatures mean nothing in Florida; you forgot the HUMIDITY and the DEW POINTS! The REAL FEEL temperatures will KILL you! Florida is one of few places where it can be 85 degrees with a real feel of 1,875 degrees, sometimes even as hot as 3,000! Your fake humor about "heat waves" up north mean nothing to us when the real feel is easily 25 times hotter than Chicago during the 1995 heat wave! Us Americans hate the heat. We want it between zero and 35 degrees when we are outside. We hate dressing in shorts and short sleeves; we want our heavy winter jackets, long sleeves, long pants, we need a national dress code that requires everyone to dress like Eskimos while outdoors!
How typical.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 3,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterescapee View Post
In the more than 3 years of living here, I have noticed that not only is everyone moving to the mountains, but Colorado is the most popular destination for Southwest Floridians to relocate to. So I need to ask, what is so attractive about Colorado for Southwest Florida residents? There is no ocean, no beaches, no parasailing, etc in Colorado, all there is to do is work and look at mountains, watch the snow come down in August, and sit in front of a fireplace.
It's the economy. And it's not just Southwest Florida either; the United States of America has no economy anymore. Donald Trump has completely destroyed America to the core. There is in fact a huge, mad exodus of people out of the United States into Canada. People are flocking like mad from the tropical beaches of SWFL straight to the arctic tundra of Canada where it's 30s and low 40s Fahrenheit for highs in July and down to the Negative 90s Fahrenheit in January. The philosophy is; no permafrost = no economy. And for them, it's time to trade swimsuits, shorts, tank tops, and short sleeves for snowsuits, heavy winter jackets, scarves, long sleeves, long pants, and snowboots.

As for your rant about there being nothing to do but look at snow and mountains, Americans live to WORK! This is a WORK culture! Play time is seen as wrong, inappropriate; yes, even illegal, and totally inconsiderate. It is considered totally wrong in United States culture to leave your residence except for work and school.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 3,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
We live in utah and love it! We come back to SWFL once per year to visit family
Try once every 60 years! Let's plan your next Florida visit for February of 2080.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area